Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
The only new bars I know that have opened in Palma Nova are DIAMONDS these peeps used to have Ruby Tuesdays and THE SHARK BAR which is Sharky and Brian not noticed any other new bars in the last couple of weeks.
don't know if this info is any good to ya :que
Hi Brummy Paul

I wouldn't recommend Bars to you, because it's often a very subjective thing.

Some people like to go to bars where they sell cheap Beer, but there's not much going on, others prefer to go to Bars where there's something going on - Shows, Karaoke, etc etc but you pay more for the drinks (very few bars charge admission, so they have to cover the cost of the entertainment somehow).

In Palma Nova you will have lots of choice - there's the quieter end towards to Marina, where you can sit and look over the beach as the sun sets, or there are bars going towards Magalluf which are livelier.

However I would recommend one place to visit to eat, and that is Seymours Restaurant, which is in the Galearias (like a covered Shopping arcade), more or less opposite MacDonalds. It's owned and run by Vanessa from Derby, and Martin from Norway who includes Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones and the Queen of Norway amongst the people he has fed, yet the cost of real top class cuisine is very good value - a meal for 2 with wine probably less than 50 euros.

OK maybe it's a bit much to be eat there every day (although many do), but it's a really nice place to eat, and lovely people too.

They also have a place just outside Calvia Village where they do Sunday lunch, and whilst you would need transport to get there - it's worth the trip.

I must admit we spoilt ourselves and had Christmas Dinner with them, and it was without doubt the best Christmas Dinner we ever had, and they even had to turn Pete Stringfellow and Bella away, because they hadn't booked!

Just my opinion. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.