Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya, not stayed there but at a place on the same road called Greenpeace Enclave. Coming out of Country Inn, turn left and head towards the main road (5 min walk), once there if you turn left you will be heading towards Sinquerim/Fort Aguada. Loads of restaurants can be found all the way down to Aguada. Some names to look for are Stonehouse / Kallinga / Ceceilia's / Flambe and the Curry House, all our favourites and a taxi ride down to Aguada, one not to miss is Wok n Roll. You will find a chemist on the left hand side next to a cash exchange (about 5 mins walk from the top of your road just past the Stonehouse) along with shops and jewelers etc.
Turn right at the top of the road and you will be heading towards Candolim crossroads, (too many places to recommend) And finally for the beach - from the top of your road turn left and walk 20 yards, cross over and follow this beach road (known as Whispering Palms beach road if you need to tell taxis.) Restaurant at the top is called Horizon and is good, and opposite is Chocolatti - you have to try here ! further down popular choices are the Mermaid / Grills n Curries and the Bistro, which is at the back of the Sunset Hotel.
Another good cash exchange/general store can be found down here, and once you have passed all the stalls at the road side you will come to the beach. I won't recommend other shacks, only Ganesh Shack for us and many more.
Hope you have fun, and ask away if any more info needed.
Spike.
Many thanks Spike I will try the ones going down to sinquerim as not been down that way before come to think of it I haven't tried the other way before, as this is our 4th visit to goa the last being in 2012 and stayed in calangute the time before thar was in 2009 and stayed in cavelossim. The problem is there are far too many restaraunts and shacks to try in 2 weeks but I will give a go and come back 4 stone heavier after just losing nearly 5 stone all in a good cause, I'm just glad there is a gym at the hotel but I don't know what state it's in.
looking to make a shack our regular so shall try the Ganesh 1st many thanks Dave
Thanks Dave. The restaurants heading towards Aguada have sprung up more and more over the last 5 years and for us is a more popular area to dine than the usual Beach Road and Holiday Street (but we still visit our favourites if time permits) What used to put us off Aguada / Sinquerim was the number of empty restaurants, don't know what it is, but we prefer to see others in. The last 5 years have been great down that way, but looking at visitor numbers this season are we going to get the empty places again.

I don't want to panic you with this but think it's best for anyone to be informed. We used to stay just over the road from you for 3 seasons and each season we had reports of bag snatching on the lane from yours to the main road. We were informed late at night by the Police as to what had been going on. You get a car approach you with headlights on full beam, so as you can't see much, a scooter will come down the side, snatch and they are off - car and bike working as a team.
It ain't been a problem for us and friends who have stayed down the lane either, but keep an eye out. I read the online daily Herald paper, and reports say scooter bag snatching is up this season all along the coastal belt.
Have heard about the bag snatches so won't be taking a bag out just some big pockets lol
my favourite restaurant last time was the casa seashell where the prawns in butter garlic were delicious, went to stone house once but didn't like the food and hardly ever went to a shack for an evening meal
empty places is a shame as places will be closing early but should mean that they are wanting our custom and do a good meal to get you to go back
candolim beach all to ourselves :rofl
Not many beach shacks open on a night time down Candolim way, Ganesh is always open, but we tend to have the odd night in there for a few drinks and just to get the cool sea breeze. Heading towards Aguada on the right hand side and near the Curry House there is a small lane that will lead you to Palm and Sands, that's a nice little set up for 'sea breezy' meal.
Haven't stayed at the hotel myself but went and had a look around on behalf of friends that had booked up. It's a beautiful hotel, really upmarket with a lovely swimming pool area/bar and nice breakfast room. The on-site spa was lovely. Our friends had such a good time they ended up booking to go back again.

Would agree with Spike re the restaurant recommendations and we also use Ganesh shack.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.