Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Cuba has always been open to Americans, and many go every year. The Cuban love Americans the same as any other nationality. The US are one step closer though to allowing their citizens to travel legally as tourists. Maccy Ds and Starbucks are quite a way away, bit I get your point. We're also thinking of going back in the next couple of years for the same reasons ;)
If you contact TC they will be able to give you the current price for the Havana excursion, but they are subject to change because TC don't organise the excursions.
Sorry I've not been to Varadero so can't help with the hotel.
It has never been illegal for US citizens to travel to Cuba, just awkward for them to get there because the embargo has meant that there are no scheduled flights between the US and Cuba. So tourists from the US had to travel via, Mexico, Canada or Jamaica. For the last 5 years there have been direct charter flights - Cuban expat community associations and the like are allowed to charter flights for their members and I still remember the double take I took the first time I saw flight departures to Florida airports appearing on the boards at Havana airport.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.