Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi,
Cruise ships have indeed started with Embark/Disembark status and it has already attracted much interest from several Cruise lines. One ship that has listed a full itinerary is Ocean Countess. Several are 'round the land' (British Isles) and one that has caught my attention is Madeira and the Canaries, etc. in October.
One thing that is not clear with the Travel Agent, is the £5 fuel supplement. It's not a great deal on money I know, but I like to know whether it's included in the price or if it is an 'add on' after the booking process is completed. These 'extras' can add up to a tidy percentage increase in the basic Cruise price. Another item that I would have liked to have made clearer is gratuities. On a page that I viewed, but can no longer find, is the tips can add up to nearly £250 for a fourteen day trip. That's quite a sum for a waiter or bedroom steward on buttons for wages. I like to know in who's pocket my money ends up.
But despite the concerns, as a former seaman who sailed the liners in the late Fifties & Sixties, I'm really glad that the ships are back.

If anyone has info on the above, will you please post it.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.