Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Bumping this up because I'm asking the same question! Have seen an excellent deal for a cruise but would like any info on the firm if possible.
Babs135 wrote:
Bumping this up because I'm asking the same question! Have seen an excellent deal for a cruise but would like any info on the firm if possible.

Couldn't wait for a reply so have gone ahead and booked a 9-night cruise to the Canary Islands on the Norwegian Spirit in January. Booking went smoothly enough although we were waiting nearly 45 minutes for them to pick-up!
Babs,

I had a similar experience a couple of months ago. Very slow to answer calls but I was put off booking as they were asking for a £29pp booking fee. Did you have to pay that? Never get that with the other cruise agents. I wanted to book a Costa deal from Savona but then found out they were flying me into Nice... Not even Italy!
No booking fee was asked for other than the usual cost of using a credit card. We were told there would be no charge for a debit card, but we like the extra insurance that comes with paying on a credit card. Charge was 2.25% which is pretty standard.

Now, if only we can get them to answer the phone quicker......!!
Oh that's good then. Maybe they were just charging a booking fee with Costa for some reason.

Did you book your flights through them too for your NCL cruise? I'm guessing the flights are EasyJet looking a the airport choice on that offer?
Flights were included in the price which made it an attractive offer. And yes, it's EasyJet out of Liverpool as there were no flights from Manchester (where we live) that would get us to the ship in time.
Well you right there... it's an excellent offer!!!
They have a booking fee of approx £20 each plus if it’s a fly cruise they charge you for each bag - you have to pay for a bag each, you can’t pay just for the one bag. And don’t prepay your gratuities, we did and the Reception onboard had no record of receiving them resulting in me paying again. I informed Cruise Nation of this on my return in Dec and still no sign of my money back. People will say “We had no issues”. Well, we had no issues, till we had an issue. That’s when you find out the difference between a good agent and one who couldn’t care less. I’m not bitter!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.