Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Could you tell us which ports you will be visiting? My review of the Rhapsody cruise from Oz to New Zealand in 2009 is still available for you to read. If you want more information please ask, I did a blog of the trip so my memories should be quite reasonable!!
Thanks for your reply, I did actually read your account on the rhapsody, very informative thanx. We are going 2 nights Sydney, then Auckland, tauranga, Napier , Dunedin dusky doubtful and Milford sound. Hobart in Tasmania. Then to Adelaide for a day then 6 nights in perth staying at mullallo beach. :D
Are you hiring a car in Perth? If so its worth a visit to Busselton which is south and not too far away. Below is an extract from my blog.

Today we set off to visit some of the many wineries in the area but we were diverted to visit Busselton a pretty little seaside town.This has the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere. Building commenced in 1865 and took more than 95 years to complete. It was used for shipping and eventually fell into disuse after operations ceased. In April 1978 it was damaged by cyclone Alby. It is now used as a tourist attraction and is 1841metres long. There is a small gauge rail track along the length but until further remedial work is done it is not working so in order to get to the underwater observatory it is a long walk. At the end of the 1 mile long jetty there is an observatory which allows visitors to descend 8 metres below sea level to view the thriving marine environment. The colours of the coral which had made a life on the wooden pillars of the jetty were quite incredible and the amount of fish swimming around was huge
Hi yes we are hiring a car and that sounds amazing, will definately pay a visit. Is your blog available to read. Many thanks
We were extremely fortunate in that we visited Australia twice in 2009. Earlier in the year we had done a land holiday and in November we did the cruise on the Rhapsody.

My blog is available, but as someone who is not completely confident with their computer skills, the second blog simply follows on from the first! However, having said all of that, there is much more about Perth and the surroundings, both north and south in the first blog, Sydney appears in both and Adelaide, Hobart and Dunedin in the second blog. We only did the South Island and Wellington, so can't help with the other stops.

http://notsogreynomad.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2009-02-20T08:19:00Z&max-results=7&start=49&by-date=false

I hope the link works (!) and If I can help with anything else, let me know.

Rosalyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.