Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi,

We cruised over last Christmas and New Year on P & O Aurora. We sailed from Southampton to Madeira and the Caribbean and back to Southampton. 22 nights of bliss. I may be biased but I love being on Aurora. She was the first ship we cruised on and we have been back on board several times since. Like you we have not been away at Christmas before this cruise, but after cooking 40 turkeys I decided a change was due.The ship is beautifully decorated. There is a midnight service on Christmas Eve for passengers and crew and carols on deck earlier for the arrival of Santa. Christmas dinner is at the evening meal and is one of the formal nights. New Years Eve is also a formal night with haggis, bagpipes, hats and streamers. We went to breakfast on Christmas morning and came back to the cabin to find a gift from P & O. We each received a large velour type bathsheet which have proved very useful. Not sure what the children get as it was just the two of us on the cruise. There was definately a large gingerbread house in the buffet and a nativity play which I heard was excellent. There was a sleigh with Santa along the bannister of the stairs in the atrium. We were told that there were over 100 children on board but we hardly saw them. We only heard them by the childrens pool on the day of the Olympics.The childrens entertainers kept them occupied each day. Everyone said we wouldn't enjoy Christmas away from home but I have to say we are already looking to book for next year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.