Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Visa's for Cuba
187 Posts
Brett: think you will find a posting on here earlier about visa's for Cuba. We too have booked for July 2006 but with First Choice; they do the visas for you so afraid I cannot help :P
Brett

I have merged your post with a current topic on visas where you may find the information in previous posts.

luci :wave
For info on how to get ma visa
https://www.visacuba.co.uk/secured/index1.aspx
when we traveled we were asked for our visa at the check in desk not sure if all airlines do this, if you do not want to get a visa before you fly i would contact the airline to make sure they provide visa's
I'm buying mine today from a company called CubaVisa.com.

Anybody heard of them? are they Kosher? :?: :?: :?:

Its just there's nine visa's i want and i don't want to get ripped off :evil:
We got ours sent to us by our TO. The visa price was included in the cost of the holiday. Is your holiday a DIY one?
where did you get there info from?
the website cubavisa.com is just a registered domain name and i can't find any info on them so i would very very careful
if your visa is not included in your holiday then contact the cuban embassy for advice

regards
Garry

http://cuba.embassyhomepage.com/
Ive gone through the Cuban Embassy now !!

Don't want to take any chances :?

Thanks anyway
Probably safest, I did mine through the consulate and it was really quick, about 8 or 9 days from sending off for the application to getting the visas through.
Ellie
Does anyone know or remember that when visiting Cuba whether it's just the tourist card which gets stamped and not the passport ?The reason I ask is that someone told me that if you get your passport stamped you won't in the future be let into the USA since of course it's generally illegal for USA citizens to visit Cuba.If the USA official sees the Cuban stamp on the passport they take a dim view.I personally don't believe you would be refused entry but on the other hand the USA does have a trade embargo against Cuba and I would prefer not to have the passport stamped knowing they dislike this communist country.I certainly remember in the past being asked the question on a USA embarkation card,Are you a communist ? So you can see what I am getting at.You will remember of course that all UK citizens in the past had to have a visa in order to travel to the States which was a left over from the 50's McCarthy era when they thought we were all potential commies.USA citizens have of course never needed a visa to travel to the UK.
They don't stamp your passport when you enter or leave unless you specifically request them to do so (and the customs men often want a tip if you ask them to stamp your passport !) so don't worry. it's not a big deal even if they do - the US have no legal right to refuse you admission to the US - as you say, it's only US citizens who aren't supposed to go to Cuba but many do via Canada and then don't have there passports stamped when they enter and leave the country.
Another thing that is worth mentioning is that immigration at Holguin airrport takes ages! It is well worth buying a bottle of water on the plane as we waited about 45 minutes to get through, and that was no fun with tired, thirsty hungry fed up kids!
Also, there is a line on the floor at Holguin, you must wait behind this line for your turn at the immigration booth, a couple of people were pushed back quite roughly by the security guards while we were waiting.
Ellie
Can anyone advise what type of plug sockets are in use in the 4/5 star hotels? I'll ned to plug in my mosquito machine and ipod charger?

Thanks
Hi

Can you start a separate topic for your question please as this is the Cuba Visa topic :wink:

Pippy :D
Booked two weeks with Portland Holidays flying with Thomas Cooke Airline - do Portland supply the visas does anyone know. if not will get ball rolling with Embassy, ten weeks and counting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heather
i got my visa two weeks ago, it took 3 days in total to be sent back! Im off to Playa Pesquero on Monday...Cannot wait!
As Im Cabin Crew, I have a US Visa in my passport will this effect my entry into the country? I shouldnt think so as I not a US Citizen but a British citizen.
Can someone help me out with this visa stuff as I am getting really confused.

Where do I get the application form? I have found two addresses for the Cuban Consulate and dont know which one to use. Do I just send a letter and ask for two application forms and a SAE for them to send them back in or do I need to send any details or money at this point?

When I get the application form and send it back I have to include the details of the holiday? Mine is a late deal I booked on the internet, will I need to wait for my holiday details/ticket to be sent to me before I can complete the application. Also since I have accomodation on arrival what do I put down as my hotel name?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Some holiday companies include the visa in your travel documents. If not, you can download the application form and send with postal order (not cheque) to the embassy to get a visa form which you complete and hand in at immigration (takes ages)

I think that in 6 trips we have only needed to do it this way once!
Iv just read all the info on visas etc and i think im being a bit thick or im getting very confused! Could someone please tell me if i need a visa to travel to Cuba? Or if this is included and comes direct from First Choice who we have booked with.

If you have booked with First Choice your tourist card or "visa" will be included with your tickets when you receive them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.