Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Barbaral

Eclipse do include a visa. I am not sure about PSP's but have seen DVD's "confiscated" on entry, although they are returned on exit, I would recommend that you don't take them.
I know that on one of the threads Cuba Junky put a full list of things that you can and can't take into Cuba, I'll have a look and see if I can find it for you and post it.
Ellie
Whilst I'm looking this thread has a mention of PSP's too
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=58885
I am off to varadero in 2 weeks, cant wait!, I have booked through Thomson and they have told me that there is a desk at Gatwick to buy your visa but I have seen nobody else say this, have they got it right or should I be worrying?

Karen
I know that if you are flying with first choice through thomson you can get the visa at the first choice desk (I filled one in wrong and they gave me another there) I didn't actually see a specific desk for the visa's though, and they do take a while to fill in, but that may have changed in the year it's been since I went. Is there no way you can get them from the embassy before you go?
Ellie
kazzalisa

you can download an application from the cuban embassy website and send with a postal order to recieve a visa by post. When we did this in summer 04 they came back in 2 days!

It is also possible to purchase on entry to Cuba (but more expensive), don't know about buying at airport though!
We had to present our completed visa's at gatwick when we went last (april 05 ) so I'm not sure how much of a good idea it would be to wait until you got to Cuba. I would definitely try and get them before you go, it'll save any worry as the Cubans are very strict with immigration
Thanks for the advice, I downloaded the application forms sent them special delivery and put special delivery envelope in for return, I have now recieved my visas less than 48 hours from when I posted it. I cant believe how quick the service was and can now relax 13 days to go.

I went in to collect my tickets and asked again about the visa, the girl who had originally served me wasnt there and the other girls in the office didnt know, they phoned Thomson head office and was told I had to apply to the cuban consulate. They couldnt tell me why the other girl told me what she did, it could have caused me much stress at Gatwick.

I am going to Barbados in May, I am on the understanding I do not need a visa this time am I right?

Thanks again Karen.x
Am i right in thinking that my visa will be sent by my holiday company First Choice?Im going in June 2006
yes first choice provide them in the cost of your holiday - I got mine about 2 weeks before we went last year.
Received my visa/tourist card from Eclipse Direct with an example of how to fill out correctly. However example has nothing filled in on "date of issue" spaces.
a) Should I put anything in b4 I go?
b) If so, should it be planned flight date?? :?
Hi, I due to go to Cuba in July this year and I am applying early for my visa. Does anyone have the address of the cuban Consulate as it is not stated on the website. Additionally, what do i send to receive the application forms? Can i also ask for two? :?

Please help

Many thanks!! :D
Hi Alicia :wave

There's an address HERE, I assume that's the one you'll need.

Pippy :D
Thats great, many thanks. Does anyone know to whom i send the application? or is it the general "cuban consolate"?
:D
Alicia

from what I recall, you download an application from the website and send or take it to the Cuban Consulate at the address quoted with cash/postal order and they send you the visa form.
You don't happen to know the website? I 've been on google, but I'm not too sure which one is which.

Ive just looked at my booking and realised the tickets will state my wife and daughters names but not the middle names, as i forgot to add these when i booked,will this be a problem?Passports full names with middle names, tickets without middle names? :?
Poley

I have never included middle names on bookings and been to Cuba 6 times without a problem. Just need them on the visa forms.

Relax and have a good time.
What are the requirements for entry/exit to Cuba. Do you require to apply for a Visa before you go or can you 'purchase' one when you arrive at the airport. We are planning to go Wed 28th June so hopefully their will be enough time to organise one if needs be.
It now looks like Cuba we are going to, yesterday it was Jamaica and the day before Dom Rep so could all change again but the other half loves the look of the Playa Pesquero Hotel so fingers crossed..!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.