Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
cuba visas
187 Posts
Excellent info Eifion - just wish my hubby was as well organised as you.
emma, yes you just put the name of the place you are staying at.
and on the visa you need to fill in both parts of the visa , just fill in part b the same as part a. :lol:
Does anyone know if the visa's included already with Thomas Cook packages?
Cheers, thats one thing less to worry about.
I'm still confused over the visa address field.
We are off to the Playa Pesquero, but when I phoned to check what I was supposed to fill in , I was told to put :
Hotel Playa Pesquero, Guardalavaca.

With my eyesight I can hardly see the form let alone figure out how to get all that clearly in the very small amount of space available, and none of the rest of the conversation with the "helpline" filled me with confidence I was being advised correctly.

Has anyone who has been to the PP got any tips as I have 8 of these to fill in.
Thanks
Hope this helps and don't forget the date is the American format yy/mm/dd

http://www.7daysinparadise.com/albums/album44/tourist_card.sized.jpg
Hi Garin
I got that bit, thanks, although interestingly the UK version I received had "name of hotel/resort" not just name of hotel so tying it down slowly..
My query is about what exactly to write for someone staying at the Playa Pesquero. As I mentioned in my post, I have had possibly incorrect advice, so I was hoping that someone who had been to the PP could remember what they put in this field.
If you put Playa Pesquero you will be fine, we just put the hotel name when we went
why, within the same document, does Virgin refer to "visa's" and "tourist cards" - guess they are the same thing ?

Out 29th June - Tryp Peninsula

(Note to Moderators : Cannot find this listed on Hotel Reviews ?)

*Edit.........I've requested it be added :wink: Pippy*
Hi
Please can someone help.Having just recieved our visas from First Chioce along with a guide on how to complete them they show the date of issue boxes on the top of the forms as left blank.
However the example shown on this board states that you put your date of departure there.I relise I must seem really stupid but I dont want to make a mistake.Therefore should I just leave these boxes blank or if I do write the date of departure is it the same on both sides, or the date we leave uk on one and the date we leave Cuba on the other side?
Sorry for being soooo thick

Debbie
Debbie,

We have just got back form Cuba and from what I remember when I completed our forms, is its the date you leave the UK. I simply filled in each side as a mirror image of each other.

Hope this helps
The tourist card is valid for 6 months from date of issue as Barbara L says put the date you leave the UK
Thanks for the info, you've put my mind at rest.
Debbie
Hi just one more thing do I have to put the date in American format

Thanks
Debbie
Yes the American date format is used in Cuba
do we have to get these before we travel or do they give you them on the plane? also can anyone confirm the taxes we have to pay on arrival and dept...TC says no arrival tax but 35cp (£17) departure tax.
As part of the First Choice package we were sent the visas before travel. i don't think any mention was made of them whatsoever on the plane, not even a make sure you have one type announcement.
This costs but was included as part of the package. If we had filled the form in incorrectly we would then have had to pay for a replacement.
Departure was 25 CUCs. We went to the trouble of counting out and putting the correct money in each individual passport while in the queue and the chap immediately collected the money all together and counted the total.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.