Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Hi Dave
I got mine through the post last week, I just couldn't face the train up to London!
When are you off?
Ellie
Hi Ellie

Not untill June,i thought i would get in early!!.

Daveyboy

:)
LOL don't blame you, I have 1 week to go and am more excited than my kids! Sad I know but I can't help it
Ellie
how long did it take you to get your visa through the post, i@m leaving for holguin in 3 weeks, hoping there is time..thanks :twisted:
Hi Elzorro
It took 9 days in total, you have to send an SAE for the application forma which they send by return post, then you fill in the form and send it and the fees (in postal orders, they won't take personal cheques now) off and then they send you the visas which must be filled in before you travel. I would get it done soon as possible as Easter is a really busy time for them.
Have a great holiday, where are you staying?
Ellie
thanks for ur help

im going to the playa pasquero .

really hoping for lovely beaches etc... and food for my belly! :oops:
Well you won't find fault with the beaches, they are among the most beautiful I have ever seen. The food in the hotel we stayed at was more than adequate, loads of choice, although it has to be said that if you ate late then it wasn't always very hot.
I love Cuba and can't wait to get back out there, 3 days to go and counting!!
Ellie
Hi Dave

Yes it is really quick - I think I must have been there about 5 minutes in total - I couldn't believe it!!!! Was expecting to wait 30mins at least.

There were even 2 people in front of me.

Have a great holiday - got back a week ago and want to go again :D :D
on the application form for a visa it asks

accomodation in cuba___

Do they want just 'hotel' or the name of the hotel your staying at.....
hope someone knows...thanks
put the hotel name and send a copy of your travel details which show flight Nos (inbound and outbound) and hotel details and a copy of your passport back page.
Think they want the name of the hotel as if you don't have accommodation they book you into a hotel of their choice which iwould possibly be very expensive.
They will expect a photocopy of your travel details giving the name of the hotel you are staying in, the resort and flight times.
Ellie
Thank you all for the help.

only two weeks and two days..getting well excited now!
been trying to lose weight for holiday for ages and been 'atkins' for two weeks, SERIOUSLY need some sugar!

thanks again :shock:
I'm off on Wednesday and am really excited now, all packed except for the toothbrushes lol
How are you doing on Atkins elzorro? I tried it a few months ago and it made me really lethargic.
Ellie
I lost 9pounds in 8 days which is pretty good but i felt so tired and fed up with it i came off it yesterday, just gonna eat better till holiday, i guess i will come back from cuba a stone heavier! :roll:

have a great time!
Well done elzorro, that's a good loss.
Don't worry too much about putting on weight, there is loads of fruit and veg to choose from along with fish and rice and pasta, I personally didn't find the cakes all that appetising so you may be ok! :D
Ellie
more worried about the 24 hour burgers and chips and cocktails!
have to work it off swimming up and down the beach. or to the bar in the middle of the pool! :wink:

so, what does it feel like hour away for going?
what time u fly out?
I leave home at 5am, the flight is at 09.15 and I have just finished packing :D
I am so excited it's ridiculous.
Swimming is always a good idea, but only if you can be bothered to get off your lounger which I noemally can't!
Ellie
Hi I have received my visas from the Cuban Consulate in the post just got a couple of questions if some one can help!

- Does "address in Cuba or events name" mean your hotel name?
- Also there are 2 Visas each is one for the way and one for the way back do i need to fill both in?

Thanks in advance, i don't want to get it wrong as i have heared you need to pay for another if you do.

Em :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.