Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
VISA rate is 1.14 today, that's the lowest it's been for a while. The rate in the resorts is usually lower.

If you have a Nationwide debit card you won't be charged any commission or any other charges, just the VISA rate. A Nationwide credit card will only incur currency charges if used in ATMs. If used in shops and retaurants it's the same as the debit card.

Any other card with a VISA symbol will give you the same rate but will probably incur a charge too. eg Halifax charge £1.50 per transaction. Which might not be too bad if you lift a lot of cash at a time.
Very low, only 1.11 today in Playa Blanca, it was 1.13 yesterday. Never had the Euro this low before.
VISA rate is 1.14 again today.

ATMs win again. :)
Today's VISA rate is 1.25 :really

Must be a mistake, surely!
Going to Playa Blanca next week. We are staying near the Marina Rubicon. How accessible is it to change money over there and where is the best place to go. Decided not to change too much here in the UK as it is appalling 1.07 today so hopefully Playa Blanca is a little better.

Can anyone post the up to date currency rate for me.

Thanks

Gail
Use your debit card in the ATMS if it's got a VISA symbol. Even if your bank charges you you'll still get a better rate and won't have to carry cash. If you have a Nationwide card you'll pay no charges at all.

There are loads of ATMs in Playa Blanca.
Thanks Robert,

Are you sure it was 1.25 today, is there a way I can check what the banks/ATMs in playa blanca are charging before I go or do I just hope it is better than here.

Gail
It's normally always slightly better here if you shop around.
Gail, you can check the VISA rate here, http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_services/consumer_ex_results.jsp?from=GBP&to=EUR&rate=0.0 , it's 1.12 today, I think the 1.25 it showed yesterday was a mistake.
is there plenty of atms in costa teguise please
I don't know CT very well but I would think so, there are plenty in PB and PDC.
ok thanks robert someone who knows ct may post later :tup
hi got back last tuesday there are plenty of cash machines around and found them easy to find ;)
thanks jes think i will need the atm plnty of times the state of the euro lol :tup
Sorry to say it but I think the exchange rate will deter holidaymakers from booking their holidays abroad.I think 2009 will be a disaster for resorts that cater for Brits.
We usually have two holidays abroad per year. 2009 we are giving it a miss, thats about £4,000 lost to the holiday industry.
We love our holdays , but we hate being ripped off.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.