Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Seems pretty level at the minute. I go around July 10. Think I will wait a bit. Usually get it changed out there.
HI there

Has anyone been to the Bahia Principe, Costa Adeje who knows where the nearest machine is and if you withdraw for free?

Considering taking nationwide debit card to withdraw. If no cash machine, is there places nearby to cash in travellers cheques, would it be best to take sterling?

Many thanks

Fluff
Hi ya we are heading out in 26 days wooooooo hoooooooooo :cheers

any updates please as to what the exhange rates are in PDLA :0) thinking of just exhanging a small ammount here and bring prodominatly UK Sterling to exchange :)
Hi
could anyone tell me the exchange rate near TRG as we will be arriving in 2 weeks
thanks
1.12 with Admiral Travel at present
hi
just about to get my euro for our holiday on thev 25th its only 1.05 here is it any better in tenerife

also is malibu cheaper there or here

thanks
You can get the commercial rate which is always 4 cents more than the tourist rate, several banks and online finacial houses do it in the UK, snag is you have to buy £2500.
Rodz
I just wish someone who has noticed the exchange rate in PDLA would post on here what it is :que

You just have to know it will be me posting the exhange rate when i get there lol

PLEASEEEEEEEEE ANYBODY :0) TRAVELEX are quoting 1.06 but i am wondering what it is to buy in PDLA from the little shops scattered around.
well i am here in tererife and as predicterd noone could be bothered to reply to our numerousd posts and requests for echange rate info which begs the question whats the point in having this topic...

well here is it............ exchange rate today in PDLA is 1.06 commision free we did manage to find 1.08 towards los christianos but not sure if it was commisiion free

so all in all i'd try online currency exchange in UK to be honest its certainly not much better in PDLA
hi what rate are you getting in tenerife whats the price we can get 109 from going places spending £500
we normally use admiral exchange in cristanos anyone know there rates
thanks
Best rate I came across was 1:08,available from a few places but I changed at a small shop just as you emerge from the tunnel going to Los Cristianos port.The pleasant guy gives you two chupa chups every time, some times even if you are just passing.
We are going to Playas de las Americas on the 15th. Would we get a better exchange rate if we changed our money there? If so any ideas as to who would do a good rate (0% commision of course!) ;)
I know that the exchange rate isn't the best at the moment,am staying in los christianos in february time and was wondering where is the best place to change my money?.
Thanks
HI mattaj81,

Most folk use Admiral travel. The popular LC outlet is just up the walkway from where Botty describes the kids playground.

Admiral Travel is next to 'Harrys', this is where most people in LC get their spirits ie whisky etc from.

If you do drink the stuff you will probably find it better value to buy it from the UK airport for consumption in Tenerife and then go to Harrys for any to take back home.

We bought 2x1 litres of Bells at East Midlands Airport in October (on offer) which cost £16, in LC its around £20. Strange but true!

Regards, Chris
hi hoping to come tenerife in oct will be going half board. what is best to take with travel cheques and currancy have not got any cards
shazbo wrote:
hi hoping to come tenerife in oct will be going half board. what is best to take with travel cheques and currancy have not got any cards

I always take cash as I find we get a better rate :) ....first thing to do when you get there is get a safe :wave: :wave: :wave:
am i better off buying them here or in tenerife?thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.