Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Re: euros?
87 Posts
One of the improvements Nationwide are introducing to it's cash card are you will no longer be able to withdraw cash abroad.
Some improvement eh....

Just got the letter this morning. New cards are being issued between June and September.
raymaher,

Maybe now is the time to move to the Nationwide Flexaccount to retain this facility.

Chris
Hello. Has anyone ever used a pre-paid cash card instead of taking travellers cheques/euros?

We are looking at the Travelex cash passport, anyone used it?

Thanks for any info shared. Arlette :D
TFS1:
I think it's the Nationwide Flex Account that Raymaher is talking about. :yikes
Hi givemeabreak,

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/article7068704.ece

Having read the above article I assumed that it was the Nationwide Cash Card account that Raymaher is talking about.

As mentioned in the timesonline Nationwide recommend to those customers with the Cash Card account who want to have the overseas withdrawal facility they need to upgrade their Cash Card account to the Flexaccount.

Chris
Hi TFS
Thanks for that. I didn't realise they had two different cards. :whoops
I have a Flex Account, so glad I'll still be able to use it with no charges. :cheers
The Flexaccount does seem to be very popular for overseas withdrawals, we make good use of it !

Hopefully the lack of charges will continue but as you will probably know they started charging for ATM withdrawals in all non EuroZone contries last year - previously this was fee free.

Regards, Chris
Yes - it is great, very handy.
I believe they've stopped people opening a new Flex Account now unless they agree to having their salary paid into it. :(
Hi,

Can someone tell me what the rate is for exchanging stirling in Los Cristianos at the moment.

Thank you
Its quite on here latley isnt it.

Exchange rate in Tenerife last week was 1.19

Kirk
Yes it's very quiet Tenerife2003. I posted my enquiry for exchange rates on 11th June and i've been and come back since then and didn't get any replies. I got 1.17 so it seems to be picking up nicely. Thanks anyway for your reply.
1.19 is quite good. Near where i work in Central London there is a place which is always about 1 cent aobve others. Not much I know but it soon mounts up. I usually do most of mine in travellers cheques cos it's easier and safer :)
Hi
Sorry to bother you all :0) just wondered if there was any update of what the euro is over in Tenerife at the moment, am due to buy travel money tomorrow its a measly 1.13 here just wondered if it's any better over there :0)
Thanks in advance
any idea on todays Admiral Travels (in Los Cristianos - next to Harrys) exchange rate ?

Ta

Chris
Anyone Know The Exchange In Resort Recently ?

Now Nationwide Is Charging For Cash Withdrawals its going to have to be good old pound notes

Kirk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.