Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Rubyloo
It was 8.82 in the hotel when we were there.
Garry
Thanks Gary,

Is that quite good? Is the exchange in the hotel?

Dx :sun2
Yes that was in the hotel.
I don't know what it was in town, but before we went away i got 7.70 here.

Garry
i got a rate of 8.3 online from an exchange company. I thought that was quite reasonable considering a few month ago the rate was hovering around 7.7 :)
Hi the exchange rate at HSBC Nabq yesterday was 9.01
Hi Nana,

Is that near the CSI? If so its worth waiting till I get there!

Dx :sun2
Hi there are HSBC banks throughout Sharm. If you go into Nabq there is one there. You will get a much better exchange rate in Egypt than what you get at home - about 10% more normally.
Ruby you wouldn't be able to walk to the HSBC at Nabq from the Coral Sea Imperial (if that is the hotel that used to be the Conrad ?), you would need to get a cab, so depending on how much you are changing up and the exchange rate that Garry gave at the hotel, the cab may cancel out any savings, if that is all you are going to Nabq to do.

If you were going up there for a mooch round anyway, then it might be worth hanging on and changing the money there as there are quite a few banks. I used one of the Arab ones, it was modern and with brill air c o n ditioning, which you are grateful for when you have walked from your hotel like we did. ;)
Thanks to you all, you have all been really helpful!
I think I will hold off till I get to the Hotel....I may just get £100 here of small value notes for tipping to start me off!

Thanks
Debsx :sun2
I think that is what most people do as you always get a better rate there.
Have a great holiday.

Doe :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.