Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I was going to use my nationwide card but dont think i'll bother now. just looked on the post office website & according to that the exchange rate for cash is 1.1392 & travellers cheques 1.1403.
Think i'll get mine from there instead
Hi I am going to Magaluf This Sunday :) I wondered does anyone know the cash exchange rate there at the moment?
Crezza, best rate on High street we could find was a "pay day advance" shop called cheque centre
only a cent or two more than PO, but every little helps!
See if there is a store near you at Cheque centre website store locator

(PS, you can do a straight exchange, no need to loan the money!)
I'm off to Magaluf tomorrow morning, and am looking to just use my Nationwide card in ATM's.

Can anyone tell me where the nearest ATM's are in both the airport, and also near my accomodation which is called the Fiesta Tropico?

Any help appreciated :)
Warning to anyone thinking of using a Santander ATM :rage .

Used one in Cala Millor three weeks ago using a Nationwide card. Checked the rates when we returned and for the same withdrawal amount using a different ATM in Cala Bona was £10.00 more from Santander so obviously they charged. Disgraceful. Used a telebank in Sa Coma later in the week and got the same deal as in Cala Bona.
Sterling or travellers cheques

Hi

I wondered if anyone knew what kind of exchange rate you can get in the resorts for sterling at the moment?

We are going to Alcudia in 3 weeks time :cheers and usually take travellers cheques but as I have heard on the news lately that the exchange rate had gone up (even though it wasnt by much) which would be the better option....

Any advice welcome :tup
Hi

I wondered if anyone knew what kind of exchange rate you can get in the resorts for sterling at the moment? :think

We are going to Alcudia in 3 weeks time :cheers and usually take travellers cheques but as I have heard on the news lately that the exchange rate had gone up (even though it wasnt by much) which would be the better option....

Any advice welcome :tup
we got 1.18 euro for sterling in palma nova last week
Just got back from Alcudia and got 1.15 to 1.16 in the no frills shop no commision either
What's the euro doing out in Majorca at the mo.

Normally take sterling out with us. Hovering at about 1.16 over here.

Do you normally get a better exchange in Majorca? Going to Cala D'or.

Cheers :cheers
Does anybody know how many euros to sterling you are getting out in Majorca at the mo.

Posted in currency thread but not had any replies as yet :que

Cheers!
Hi hippyjak

When we out in Majorca the first 2 weeks of July we was getting 1.18 to the pound .
Hope this helps ;)
At the start of June I was getting a rather rubbish 1:10e in Alcudia, if you've got a Ramsdens pawnbroker near you change money before you go, you'll get the best rate and comission free. :tup
For our holiday in June I got my currency from Monarch, the rate was €1.06 in the high street but monarch was giving €1.10, now monarch are offering €1.17 against Thomas cook €1.16 so not a great difference at the moment. What ever you do, dont get currency from the post office their website may say a good rate but in reality you wont get it at the counter.

BigAl
Anyone know what you get to the pound in Cala Bona this week?
Just got my local Thomas Cook to match Tesco price of 1.18!! Yayy!!
Hi does anyone know the euro rate in Mallorca just now ?
Todays rate is about 1.14€ to the pound, it has been a little variable lately between 1.10€ - 1.24€.

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.