Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
1.00 GBP is 3.09411 Turkish Liras
1.00 EURO is 2.64907 Turkish Liras at the moment but be careful for swindler shopkeepers in Turkey.
Pathfinder, thanks for that but I am guessing that is the rate on line for banks, I was really asking what the rate is on the street
Pathfinder, thanks for that but I am guessing that is the rate on line for banks, I was really asking what the rate is on the street

That is the rate on the street Del, it has been rising steadily and has now hit the 3 Liras to the £ :tup
I am puzzled, as the internet exchange rate is also showing as 3.09. and usually street rate is a bit lower.
However I am not complaining :)
del949 wrote:
I am puzzled, as the internet exchange rate is also showing as 3.09. and usually street rate is a bit lower.
However I am not complaining :)

You don't need to change it on the street. In turkey,you can find a bank even in the smaller towns :) but I recommend not to use GBP while dealing or buying.
when I said street rate I really should have said "tourist rate".
usually a bit lower than the bank exchange rate that is shown when you do an internet search.
I really can't remember seeing banks exchanging for a higher rate than the more usual exchange shops ( which is what I meant by street rate).
Hi I'm travelling to Side next month and just wondered what the preferred currency for that area of Turkey is?

Thanks
We were there in June and they seemed to accept Lira most of all but they will accept Euro and £'s but watch the exchange rate they give you in the shop.
Hi all,
Has anybody bought up any lira recently? Think I'm going to get some now for our Xmas trip :-)
Hi, we're travelling to the Sunrise Resort & Spa Hotel nr Side. Can anyone tell me if this hotel has an atm machine or if there is one nearby that I may use?
Thanks
turkish lira is worth getting it's 3.41 today could go up could go down. i have to pick mine up tomorrow as shop has been unindated and ran out so got receipt for todays price.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
The rate has been going up for the past twelve months, in yesterdays paper it was 3.48 making it about 3.58 out there. With the way it is going I don't envisage it falling very much, if at all by Summer.

Les
rate still showing 3.48 today, are there plenty of ATM's in Icmeler?
Cruisecontroller wrote:
The rate has been going up for the past twelve months, in yesterdays paper it was 3.48 making it about 3.58 out there. With the way it is going I don't envisage it falling very much, if at all by Summer.

Les

I think the rate is going to significantly drop if honest.
The shortage of lira in the uk is down to the Turkish Government putting sanctions on it hence why there is so little in the uk.
The reason being they want to drop inflation as they want it down to about 2.20 TL to the £ like it was years ago.
Some post offices in the uk yesterday were exchanging at 2.90tl to the £, so it has begun!
julian01 wrote:
rate still showing 3.48 today, are there plenty of ATM's in Icmeler?

There are several ATMs in Icmeler, the best ones to use are as you head down towards the beach through the main square, you'll come to a cross roads, with tandoori sizzler on your right and shops, exchange offices on your left. Turn left before crossing the road and they are just on the left hand side.
You'd be much better to take sterling and exchange in the restaurants/shops/bars.
They always give the best rates.
And if using the exchange shops count your money afterwards, as many people complained of being short changed, or got charged commission even though the signs say zero commission.
  • Edited by MrHerb 2014-05-15 16:57:07
greetings
Anyone in Fethiye at the moment ? what is current exc rate lutfen? Dickman's in centrum is usually quite good .Regards ..wee-john
Hi...can anyone give an update on the current exchange rate in Icmeler please.
Thanks in advance :) x
right then yesterday tesco offered 3.31

stansted this morning 3.14 !

current market price 3.66

and rate on the street no commission in ouldeniz 3hrs ago 3.53
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.