General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I read that yesterday too, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING ! Even dick turpin had the good grace to wear a mask !
so unfair on people who have worked long and hard for their holidays, and added to the fact that with the rubbish euro rate, you're going to need even more spending money, its just a nightmare.
glad we do d.i.y really.
Yep, i have to agree, there was a section on Five Live a week or so back talking about this, holiday companies having to ask for more cash for holidays already paid for, because of the strong euro, fuel prices, etc

The person on the radio was blabbing on about how the companies 'gamble' each year on what the price is going to be, and in this kind of instance they need to raise prices or there will be no holidays, they will go out of business, etc!?!?!?!

Excuse me, but ye know, i keep some cash in the bank in case my car breaks down, my boiler packs in, etc, etc, and i'm pretty sure when the currency fluctuation has went the other way that these companies have banked a few quid, so this practice should NOT be allowed

Reminds me of when i had some travellers cheques in euros that i went to cash after a few years (guaranteed buy back) that meant i was actually GAINING from cashing them in as the pound had strengthened against the euro. Boy, was the cashier not keen on giving me the money that day!! :rofl Eventually i had to go via the manager, but it's the same principle, they only want to play when THEY make a profit!!
This was very common twenty years ago. Do any of you remember that a big part of advertising plus splashed over the brochure covers was 'no surcharges'. It quickly became the norm for most TOs to never charge surcharges whereas previous to that it happened all the time -they had to follow suit to keep competitive.

Doesn't make it right, however....
The holiday companies hedge certain costs. They will hedge fuel and by so much at a price for 18 months.

The good news is sterling is oversold now and should have a bounce back soon. I bet they won't give the money back after taking it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.