Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Spar?

I thought it was Tesco's that they were all clamouring for in Paphos? :rofl
Group of us going for our eldest daughter's wedding. 24 September 2013 for two weeks at the Laura Beach Hotel, Paphos.
now look here C100...
I just got back from Kef yesterday and straight way booked.. your lucky i remembered how to spell Cyprus as i was knackered.... :rofl hope you will make sure i get decent weather that week... :D and a free copy of the CM every day :really

wiz
Think my parents may be planning to come to Cyprus for a month in Feb rather than going to Malta this year - so I'm hoping the weather will be good in any event. Fingers crossed for you...

Wiz - made me laugh though your "spar" typo as there's a big thread ongoing on one of our local Cyprus forums all about Tesco coming to Cyprus.

Don't get excited folks, the rumours have been rife for the last 7 years or so that Tesco is coming to Cyprus - it's not happened yet and I certainly hope it never does. But it doesn't stop the rumour reappearing every year.
September 2013 in a villa, will be our 8th time (Pernera area of protaras)
A little haven near Ayia Napa, Can't wait its been to long since I have felt some glorius sunshine on these old bones, ate some wonderful fresh feta cheese and the Cyprus home made chips are the best ever. I love Cyprus chips
We're still here 9 years and 1 month later (give or take a couple of days) and we haven't been back to UK since the very day we left it.

We do take holidays off the island though.... This year we will probably see a bit more of it as we have a friend coming out at the end of this month for 10 days and in November, my stepson will be visiting us with his girlfriend. He now lives in Australia and is serving in the Australian Navy. We haven't seen him for 4 years so we're looking forward to that.

I just hope the island can continue after the recent bank crisis. At the moment things are not looking good. Many think the €10bn will not go very far and there's much more to come in the future. The feeling is that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

I hope not! I really don't want to be thinking about going back to UK just now but saying that, my Dad hasn't been in very good health for a while now. So one can never say we will never return. You just never know what's around the corner....
Back to Kapparis on 18 September for 25 Nights, cant come round quick enough :sun2
Paphos in early July - first time to Cyprus, looking forward to it
Booked 2 weeks in Paphos at the Mediterranean Beach from 22nd September. Cant wait to get in that pool!
Hmmm, I always thought the Mediterranean Beach was in Limassol?
Back to Limassol again this summer for my ninth trip to Cyprus.
Love the island and people. Hope they get through the problems.
One of my favourite activities last few trips there has been to catch the local early morning bus from Limassol up to Troodos. Then to wander one of the many trails, and finish up back in time for a glass of red wine in the sunshine, just in time to catch the bus back down.
I normally do this twice each trip, I’m never bored with it because the scenery up there is stunning – and it’s an incredibly low cost, healthy day out.
However – is it now? Does that lovely local bus still run each day, with the same old friendly guy driving it? Or did the banks thing kill it off?
Hi Bill
Not sure about the local bus still running as we don't tend to use buses and we're a fair way out of the tourist area. We only go there when we have visitors as there's enough going on around our local villages so we don't need to visit so often.
However, a lot of the old buses have since been replaced with the electric King Long buses (similar to what they did with the traditional Malta buses) so it's possible that may have happened too. :(

We were up Troodos only the other Friday with a friend of ours over on holiday. We visited the derelict Berengaria Hotel in Prodromos just a few kilometres after Troodos Square along the winding road down the back side of the mountain...

I did a post about it here: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/something-different-the-troodos-mountains-photographers-t158324.html
Hi Cyprus100,
Thanks for the response.
I guess I'll just have to go and hope. It's one of those things that the tour reps don't mention because there's no profit in it for them. I originally found it by visiting the Cyprus Tourist office in Limassol.
I'll post here for the benefit of others when I get back if I find it to be still running.
cheers
Bill
Back to Protaras, Sept 22 (2013), Brilliant Apartments - 14 nights, WHOOOOO HOOOOOO :cheers
PaulandSue wrote:
Back to Protaras, Sept 22 (2013), Brilliant Apartments - 14 nights, WHOOOOO HOOOOOO :cheers

Welcome to the forums & enjoy your hols :sun2 :cheers
Thanks Glynis, actually been a member for many many years, but could'nt remember username/password, so became a new member in 2009. Hope to visit the site and post more now, I'm sure Sue will aswell.

Thanks again. :tup
If you'd like your old ID back if you send me a PM with the email address that was used I can find username and give you a new password :tup

Welcome back :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.