Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Well, we're back!

We enjoyed our stay over in the Turkish occupied North of the island and will more than likely do it again sometime as it was a nice relaxing break for us.

We did eat along the harbour as we didn't really want to have to walk too far. We were however, recommended by the local ladies from Kyrenia Animal Rescue to try Peanuts restaurant which is very close to the new ampitheatre. Too far to walk though so we decided against it.

The British Hotel was very good value for money at 65EUR per night. The owner moved us up to the 2nd floor at no extra cost which gave us a better view.

We did find another place close by called Cyprus Dorms which offers private rooms with a private bathroom for 30EUR per room per night in high season or 25EUR inn low season. Also the "dorm" rooms are 10EUR and 8EUR respectively based on the season - again there is a bathroom but it's shared with the others in your dormitory. Great for a budget break.

Got some photos and more info for you to have a look at here on my personal blog: http://cypruslifeinpictures.wordpress.com/2011/10/01/one-night-in-kyrenia-turkish-occupied-north-cyprus/

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I posted a review on another travel site as the British Hotel isn't listed in the Hotel Review section on here.

I would be happy to copy & paste if the Admins/Mods want to add the hotel.

Here is what I posted:

"Great location at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 1 October 2011

"We knew we wanted to stay in a central location close to the harbour and town and had a list of 3 hotels that we already knew were within walking distance: The Dome Hotel, The Colony and The British Hotel. One was cheap and cheerful, one at around €100 per room per night and the other a bit over this price.

The British Hotel was the one we chose - and we were very pleased with it. We were allocated Rooms 203 and 204 on the second floor which gave us a view across the harbour. Not an altogether clear view as there was some slight obstruction but the owner had moved us up a floor at no extra cost which was fantastic!

The rooms had laminate flooring with modern dark wood furniture, crisp white duvets/continental quilts and dark purple counterpanes. A couple of purple coloured chairs complimented the room. A small fridge/mini-bar with reasonable prices (5TL for a beer - approx €2). The bathroom was perfectly adequate and clean as well as sporting a full length shower curtain. An added bonus was a small TV in the bedroom.

Our small balcony with 2 chairs looked out over the harbour and the sea to the left or over to the roof bar of a neighbouring hotel in front of us along the harbour front called the White Pearl.

We will definitely return to the British Hotel for another visit!

Room Tip: If you want the best views - choose to pay extra for the two top floor rooms."

Cheers
Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
:cheers
Thanks

Added now - pending approval, I presume?

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.