Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jane20 wrote:
The new integrated terminal at Dabolim airport is open as per media reports. Still it may take some time before handling traffic in full capacity.

No, it isn't :rofl

http://oheraldo.in/News/Local%20News/lsquo-Facilities-at-the-terminus-far-from-ready-rsquo/84395.html

http://oheraldo.in/News/Local%20News/Decision-to-open-new-airport-terminus-surprises-officials/84396.html
Read somewhere it is due to open Jan 2014. But if the terminal is yet capable of handling the passenger traffic and aircraft movement in full capacity, why would they open it to public?
WillebyJ wrote:
Read somewhere it is due to open Jan 2014. But if the terminal is yet capable of handling the passenger traffic and aircraft movement in full capacity, why would they open it to public?

Exactly........ why?

Even though it is a year late, and they keep saying it is open, but it's not, why?

But it's not open to the "public", just a few Lusifonia Games flights in order to make things look better organised.

From a previous post........... "Who cares?"

Well I do for one, and this is officially a "Discussion Forum" :que
botany bay wrote:
WillebyJ wrote:

Exactly........ why?

Even though it is a year late, and they keep saying it is open, but it's not, why?

But it's not open to the "public", just a few Lusifonia Games flights in order to make things look better organised.

From a previous post........... "Who cares?"

Well I do for one, and this is officially a "Discussion Forum" :que

And one can also express an "Opinion"
@silentman, it is good to know information for avid travellers like me. @Jane20 thanks for the info.
WillebyJ wrote:
@silentman, it is good to know information for avid travellers like me. @Jane20 thanks for the info.

sorry if my post was flippant its just how I feel about the subject, I arrived in Goa in December and am returning at the end of the week, if the new terminal is open ok if not I don't care, to me its not important
Has the new terminal opened yet?just been looking around on the net to find out if it has.
Most recent article I could find was this http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Trial-operations-at-new-airport-terminal-from-today/articleshow/29268573.cms It dose state that it is scheduled for 26th of January
but in true Goan fashion dose not give a year :rofl
looked a long way from completion when I left on 11th of January.And was told then it was only a matter of weeks before it open. Maybe they will get Peter Andre and his 60 minuet make over team in
Slightly off topic - but the new terminal in Mumbai opened last week , we went through it on Sunday travelling home from Mumbai,
No more pre scanning off bags, just check in - straight through security, loads of scanners - no queues and pleasant chatty staff , then immigration again loads of counters very little queing and through it all in less that 15 minutes

Well impressed
And of course, if you have been through this slick, professional treatment at Bombay.............

Dabolim will be a doddle as you are now a domestic passenger!
MUMBAI AIRPORT !!!!!!! :duh

Had the "Pleasure" of visiting the new terminal on our way home on Saturday.....
Travelled up from Goa on Indian Airlines....
Waited at the carosel for our luggage for 2hours 30 minutes...!!!!
Not a single member of staff from Indian Airlines to be found to inform people of the problem...
Various people missed their connecting flights...to South Africa....to Canada and two ladies missed their flight to Heathrow !!!!

From getting off our plane....collecting luggage....going through security and then passport control it took a total of 4 hours...

:que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.