Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Mike :wave
Thanks for the update. Pity you can't remember your previous username. The Roll Call is long gone as that might have prompted you.

How did you find this topic after all this time? Anyone who subscribed to it way back when should be getting notification that there are new replies, provided they have visited since the last notification.

luci :wave
Hi Mick, It's great to hear your wife got satisfaction, even if not a cruise, and I'm sure you enjoyed spending it in Alicante. I was also on the Melody but in the July. I remember we docked in Tunis the morning the news came through about the bombings on London transport and the locals we met were saying how shocked and sorry they were.
Nice one Mick and well done for the successful claim. Is it absolutely legal for anyone to demand your silence I wonder, or even to make an offer on the basis that you will only receive settlement by keeping quiet??? That tactic is just about what I would have expected I must say!

Now Mick, I wonder exactly who you were???? Did you post very regularly? Can you remember the HT names of your cruise companions? I'm intrigued now!!!
Hi Magsy and everyone else. Look, you have to remember I'm 51 now, and the old grey matter aint what it used to be. I might have called myself the courier as that's what I was at the time. I'm pretty sure I left on 17th October if that helps. There was only a handful of us on that on that trip, and even then I only met one or two. There was a nice young lady from Cardiff I recall, with a stud in her tongue. Took me a while to get over the al Italia flight home from Genoa to Heathrow - we were racing down the runway and just before the nose lifted, we had to do an emergency stop (some technical hitch). As someone who absolutely detests flying, it did my innards no good at all.. Oh, and Luci, just to satisfy your curiosity, I had to reinstall everyting on my pc. I dug out a favourites file I'd saved on a hard drive and this thread was in it. And yes, where is Phil?
Yes I do remember a member called The Courier, but any previous posts were lost when the old threads were pulled.

Nice to see you back anyway. Maybe you can find some information in other forums on the site to help with future holiday plans.

luci :wave
Great to see this thread revived. Hope that those who didn't get their cruises DID pursue the matter in the courts ...........

Any updates?
Over 8 years ago now, just had a look at this to see what happened, I guess I am out of time to take DE to small claims court now, wish i had before but life has a way of taking over and things get put on the back burner. I do still have all paperwork and proof of offer for a cruise, Anyone think i still have a chance or should i now bury this and throw the evidence away so it doesn't keep annoying me every time i come across it in the drawer.
:whoops
Hi optic, This is indeed a blast from the past and I would love to know how you found us on here, I have many happy memories of my cruise on the Melody with Lilac Labrador, TonyW, Phil and the others. I think you are definitely out of time to pursue your cruise now as I believe it would be covered by the Statute of Limitations which, to the best of my knowledge,gives you six years, but I would be delighted for you if someone would prove me wrong.
Hi optic

It may be worth the price of a stamp to write to the DE and say that you have been patiently waiting for them to arrange your cruise, but that your patience is wearing a bit thin. at least you will know that you tried everything.
That sounds like good advice Maureen, Thanks.
It may certainly be worth a try Maureen and may remind them that they blotted their copy book and some of us have long memories.
Hi Optic, If you've kept the paperwork all this time it would be a shame to throw it away.

Could you send the Express a photocopy of the key evidence? As Maureen says, you've been waiting patiently for a single cruise (worth £1000+?) which they agreed to give you for £10.

If you still feel aggrieved, remember, most people were rebuffed at first, then the Express relented. If you search this thread you should find advice on how to deal with them.

Would it be worth doing it, just to tell yourself you tried?

Good luck!
Yes, i decided that as i have all the paperwork, there will be nothing to loose if i copy it all and send it off to DE in one last attempt, i will post any response i receive on here out of interest, thanks for the replies
Very best of luck Optic. If you are going tp do this however I would recommend you splash out on sending it recorded delivery so they can't deny having received it
Was searching for something else and came across this. It brings back memories of the carry on and the fight everyone had. Good to read back some of the stories :)
I remember it well. Although I ended up with a cruise to the Med, rather than the one I was originally promised (I can't remember if that was Caribbean or South America), I had a great time.

HT was a real inspiration in those days and I'm sure helped many of us to keep fighting, as well as linking together those who were on the same cruise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.