Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
These appeared in the issue of the Daily Express dated 19 May 2004
Thanks very much for this Barneydog, I'm sure many of us will have mislaid these during this drawn-out saga. It all seems very clear, but the only problem might be Clause 23, the catch-all get out 'We reserve the right to withdraw these offers without notice'. What exactly does this mean? I notice it does not say 'at any time' so surely it does not extend to this long after this fiasco kicked off.
You may be absolutely sure that the company's lawyers drafted the terms and conditions as Ts and Cs such as these are part of the basics of contractual law.
Hi
Wouldn't worry about T&C 23.

WE means the promoter (Daily Express) and MKM.
BOTH would have to agree to withdraw the offer. That would give the other papers a field day.
Can't see that happening from a PR point of view. Then there would be all the legal challenges.......!

Peter
Rise travel blamed the Huricanes last year for the mess.

15000 want a cruse but only 3000 are getting a cruise.

replacements on offer up to £1000

Replay the item on the bbc web site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/4254137.stm
This topic has now been removed from Holidaytruths following further threats of legal action against the site for comments made by individual members.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to members but we are left with little choice.

Van
Not sure if allowed to post anything here but not locked so?? Just wanted to say sorry to hear that Van. Seems a shame when many members meant no harm, but understand the position you are in. Just to clarify, is this topic never to be started again, even if the posts are kept squeaky clean of the offending stuff (whatever that is)?
We are currently discussing rules of posting for future posts regarding rise. We are taking legal advice on the matter.

I will be back to you shortly.

Van
Cool, thanks Van.
I've obviously missed something but am really concerned and saddened that the site has been censored and removed. Does this mean we can longer exchange views?
Hope the site is up and running again soon. Can we still send p.m.s?
Hi,

What in particular was the problem? I too must have missed something(Big?).
Same here. Guessing its the general slating of Rise maybe???
I can understand that you had little choice, but its a real shame to see the demise of this Forum. I guess something will fill the vacuum elsewhere eventually.

Thanks HT for facilitating the discussions and exchane of information - I thought it was an excellent example of just what it was all about.
:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I was happily viewing the site, then got the phone call from the daughter, mum I need a lift home. Fought through the snow to get her, came back to site and......................XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx??????????????? There must be a mistake, my fave page missing from the index. It couldn't possibly have been pulled. I have found this forum page and found flipping eck, yes it has.

A very Dizzy, Dizzy :x :x :x :x :x :x
Hi Van,

Would it be possible to understand what it was they objected to. I'm new to the site but thought that the comments raised were fair and reasonable ... and given the pain people are going through, very well humoured.

I've not led a sheltered life but this is as blatant a display of bullying and gagging as one could wish to see.

It takes away the honesty of site like HT. So does this mean that if a large holiday carrier didn't like what was being said about them on HT they'd simply gag the site!

Where do we go from here? What is the world coming to?

As far as you can, keep up the good work
Just a second thought in this unreal world of 1984 Big Brother. Would it be permissable Van to put a list of all the ex. members "names" on this site so that pm's can continue? It's hard to remember everyone and to suddenly be cut off in our primes :zip is quite honestly :omg. Only consolation is that few feather must have been ruffled. Power to the people as "Wolfy" once said.
I have deleted my comment.
  • Edited by Fiona 2005-02-25 07:22:38
How come Rise aren't doing same with Znet forum? why do they have to pick on us :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.