Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Just found Sanji's video of the complex, official name Residencial Dali. Looks great,waiting for the owner of the 3 bedroom apt. to get back to me re availability.
Booked the apartment and flights, brilliant. Wonder why Sanji filmed this particular complex?
Hi

I used this complex in May ... Sanji posted the video on to help me last year...which one have you booked ? any questions please ask...was a fab complex..very private and fab position
Jo
Hi Jojo,
Block 1 -2D booked for next June. Looks great but any info. that you can give us regarding the complex and the area would be greatly appreciated.
Myself and wife and son and daughter in law + 4 yr.old Billy are going.
Look forward to any advice you can give.
Hi
Yes thats the one we stayed in...its a fantastic apartment ...very big with a large balcony....the complex was great , very private and very often we had the large pool to ourselves and at most shared it wit another 4 people at any one time.
It was a very safe secure complex the caretaker was there most of the time in the day and there was a security guard on duty over night.
Its basically a resedential complex.
The view from the large balcony is fab.
The complex is right on the promenade and if you turn right you are about 5/10 min walk to Benalmadena Marina and left 10 min walk to La Carihuela area.
The area of promenade directly outside the apartment may look a little quiet sometimes but thats because you are in between the two lively areas but i loved this area as within 10 mins walk either way you had the best of both worlds.
We were similar to your group...me and hubby , my mom and dad and my 4 yr old daughter...though my parents are probably older than yourselves (late 60s/70) as i had my daughter later (im 42)...but dad loved the area as the walks along prom are so flat.
Just 5 min to the left on the prom is a small area of rides for the kiddies...sorry might be teaching grandmother to suck eggs if you know the area well.
Just outside at the back of complex was a taxi rank outside Pez Espada hotel and a bus stop to Torremolinos town centre.
The only fault if i had to pick one was that the kitchen untensils could have been a little cleaner but the place was not dirty its just being picky.If you do not know the area please feel free to ask any questions.
A Taxi from airport cost 20/22 euros and took 10 mins door to door.
Can recommend places to eat etc if need them.
Just ask away
Jo
PS : if you click on my media the top pic is a view from the balcony
Jo
Have a great time desdamona. I love la carihuela which will be on your doorstep.
Thanks Jo and thanks Shirley for your good wishes.
Jo, I will have loads of questions and no doubt over the next few months you will regret offering your services.
Firstly I assume the pool temp. was pretty cold in May .. our host tells me that we are allocated sunbeds at the complex.
Would appreciate your advice re eateries, especially with both having 4 yr olds in our parties.

How did you get from the airport with a party of 5. I was thinking of getting the train to El Piniollo and walking down from there.(20 mins I guess)
The bus up to "top town" as I call Torre. would be ideal are they fairly frequent .

We were in Torremolinos in Sept but stayed in Don Paquito, down the other end. We did walk from there one day as far as Benal.marina so we have passed through La Carihuela.
Thanks Jo.
Hi
We took two separate taxis just for ease really.We went end of may going into June it was hot and we all went in pool every day..it was a bit chilly when you first got in but just the same as any pool on a hot day.
There were loads of sun beds you just collected one from the stack .
The L1 bus to Torremolinos Town was every half hour and literally just out the back gate a little to the left.
The complex is next door to the Pez Espada Hotel

will make a list of some of the places we ate and post them

Jo
Thank you Jo for the info.
Look forward to reading your list of places to eat in due course.
Des.
Hi, can you supply any contact details for this apartment, we normally spend jan/feb next door but like the look of that block, i tried to find out the booking details last jan but couldnt do it....i would be very grateful for any help...regards
Hi Aljhud, I've messaged Sanji to see if she can assist you as she knows the area well & made the video 👍
Hi.
The clue is in the name, Residencial Dali, it's where people permanently live or spend the summer in their apartment, and the only apartment in this complex that I know of, which is being sub-let, and the one discussed in this thread, is this one.

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8042750?k_clickid=90997752-c012-47c8-8a47-a4df6c737067&ksid=90997752-c012-47c8-8a47-a4df6c737067&ksprof_id=245&ksaffcode=6327562&ksdevice=t&gclid=CMrhk4-zldMCFdaRGwodVisLww

HTH's

"I've messaged Sanji to see if she can assist you as she knows the area well & made the video 👍 "

Ah, the video Glynis, another one made that would prove to come in useful and now lost in cyberspace, thanks to a reckless move. :wink
Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2017-04-08 19:26:54
    Typo errors
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.