Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I'm trying to do the same thing at the moment for the end of this month. So far i've got cairo much cheaper than Luxor for a private guide that will collect your party and drop you back to the airport, do all the sights and take you for lunch. $US35 each is my cheapest quote so far. $US75 for the same at Luxor. The flight from Sharm on Egypt Air are roughly the same to fly to either. I'll post what I finally decided what we are doing!!!!!
Hi,
If you don`t have to fly, I suggest a company called memphis tours. We used them twice last year whilst we were on a cruise. We docked twice in Egypt. We used them for a trip to Cairo and also to The Valley of The Kings.Each time they were there on the dockside on time with a luxurious minibus (2 adults and 2 adult offspring). Reliable and at a reasonable price (negotiable). They provided a driver and a very knowledgeable guide. I wanted to visit the City of The Dead, museum, pyramids etc...as and where WE wanted to go.......and no hassle.
Hi Laurence,

I would advice you to try to book your own domestic flight from Hurgada to Cairo online with http://www.egyptair.com This would be much cheaper option for you as there have been some Great deals in recent month. When searching for flights make sure you enter Egypt as the Country in the box at the top of the webpage. These will be domestic flights remember.

For Cairo look for a flight arrive about 8-9am and departing between 7-8pm. The tour in Cairo would be as follows..........................................

Meet and greet in Cairo airport

Saqqara
Pyramids
Sphinx

Lunch included

Antiiquities Musuem
Khan El Khalil [time permitting]

Transfer back to Cairo airport 550LE pp.

You would have your own personal guide plus air-con transport and not part of larger tour group. All entrance fees included except the Great Pyramids and Solar Boat Museum.

I would sgguest contact http://www.reallifeegypt.com
They will help you more then me,

Kind regards,

Moudi.
That's great thanks for that Moudi.
Laurence
We too have used Memphis Tours and I would have no hesitation in recommending their services.

One great bonus is their "Live Chat" button so you can ask questions online and get immediate answers.

You pay only 25% as your deposit and the remainder when you meet up with their representative.

They will put together any itinerary you wish rather than a pre-planned run of the mill tour.

Regards
cyprus100
how much would this roughly cost in sterling?
Liana

All depends on when you want to go - but best to check out their site at http://www.memphistours.com and then click on the Live Chat/Help button and ask them directly.

It's a really great support service and you get immediate answers to your questions. He speaks/writes English so there are no problems getting things lost "in translation"

If you decide to book - you can book it all online (you do that yourself) via their website - not over the Chat and he will confirm all of your conversation to you in an email (it's a direct download of all of your typed chat history) so there are no comebacks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.