Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Campergirl. You might want to think of visiting Ronda, Granada, Nerja, Gibraltar, Morocco, Seville and Puerto Banus. That's one a day! All can be booked locally (see web link). Weather? Well, I am just back and it was delightful. In March, it should be better still, but there are absolutely no guarantees it will be.
http://benalmadena.homestead.com/cdsol.html
http://costafrica.com
Check out my posting on the Benal-life forum before you book and don't tell any travel agent when you're leaving for home!

http://www.benal-life.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=61

Russ.
Russ your better off copying your post over to here as our members may then discuss with you. :D
I had a feeling that it wouldn't be allowed. something to do with copyright once it had been published on the other site but if you say it's ok then I'll put it on.

Cheers,
Russ.
Here it is!

Does anyone know the travel shop on Av. Antonio Machado (at the bottom of Cardiac Hill)?
We booked an excursion there to Ronda while we were in town (18th-25th December) for the Saturday before we left (24th).
Anyway, we got a note left at reception from the bloke at Noemi saying that the excursion had been cancelled and could we come and collect our money at our convenience.
OK we thought, it's off season and there probably wasn't enough interest to justify running the trip so we decided to walk down the hill and get our refund, it was 4 o'clock and the shop didn't shut until 7.
When we got there, the shop was closed and there was a note on the door saying the shop was shutting at 2 and wouldn't be open 'til the following Tuesday 27th. We decided to leave a letter to Pablo, the bloke in the shop, asking him to post the refund to us, taking off any money needed for postage that was needed.
So far there hasn't been hide nor hair seen of the refund.

More background:

Pablo knew we were leaving for home on the 25th, we'd mentioned it when we were discussing various excursions we wanted to go on.

The note was left at the Hotel reception AFTER 2 o'clock (when the shop closed) so we had no chance of getting our refund before we left for home.

Have we been scammed here?

If anyone by any chance knows Pablo from Noemi, please tell him that if our refund is not here by the end of the month, then I'll be faxing this information to head office together with the excursion reciept and demanding our refund.

If anyone is thinking of booking with Noemi on Av. Antonio Machado be very wary.
Hi Russ

I believe there wouldn't be a copyright issue with this as it is your own post you are copying. If it was someone else's post that would be a different matter.

Sorry to hear of your experience and thank you for bringing this to the attention of our members.

luci :wave
I just seem to remember someone copying a review that he'd written and put on another site getting a clip 'round the lug hole from one of the mods :D
Ronda is stunning and you can see what I mean by looking it up on any decent search engine.

Next time I go to Ronda, I'm going to stay overnight there, to get the best of two days soaking it all up.

Last time I was there, I popped into the Parador Hotel for a brochure. The hotel is beautiful and sits on the edge of the gorge, thus affording stunning views. According to the brochure, (as of September 2005), a double room costs from 135 Euro, (about£100), per night. At £50 per person, that is extremely cheap for what is on offer.

I'll also be staying overnight next time I visit Granada, but I haven't looked at any hotels there as yet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.