Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Suspect that Thomson are snowed under with claims now that the Supreme Court have thrown their appeals out a week ago. I'm certainly composing my claim under EC261/2004 for the loss of a day of my holiday in 2010 using the letter on Martin Lewis's site!!
I suspect you're right Dave, it's unclear from the OP if they have lodged the claim as of yet. If they haven't they may be going to the back of a long queue.
Hi I have.not filed under the ec rule. Is this to do with some Geneva rule ? Apologies.a bit rusty in laws. Also this was a package holiday aswell so all thomson. Thomson also failed to send me a reply until I chased it up. Initially complained 7 months agl then heard nothing so now playing catch up on things to do ! They re forward ed me their reply dated back in Feb which is a complete insult to be honest
So best to complain dirrctly. Back to them under ec ruling I make my claim ? Thank you both in advance
hi

got the template, typed it out, 2 persons simply went home and waited 25 hours for next available flight.

Flight from gatwick to fueventura = 2768 km.

So what should I be able to claim cost wise?

e.g we didn't stay in a hotel, just wasted a whole day and stress, ruined holiday etc. etc.
The delay of flight is a separate claim compared to loss of enjoyment, ruined holiday etc.

For the flight delay claim it is set specific figures depending on length of flight, for yourself at 2768 Km that is the middle bracket so €400 each, you don't have to accept it as a credit you can ask for cash which will be paid in Sterling at the rate of exchange on the day.

How long were you delayed coming back?
Hi thanks for replies.

We were delayed 2 hours coming back. So I am thinking the cost of the holiday work out the day lost price plus 800 euros = £630 flights. Holiday was only £1200. So I think stress inconvenience and based on figures provided ball park £800 all in ? Thoughts
M personal view ?? Just go for the comp. allowed for under 261/2004 -anything else will give Thomson a reason to prevaricate!

Mods -why has my link to another site been removed ? It was not a competing site - just a "how to" apply for comp. under the EU legislation :que
Was it a package? If so how do you work out a days holiday cost?

You would need to submit two claims. One for EU261 compensation, and separate one for stress and inconvenience. Getting paid for stress and inconvenience when you were at home isn't going to happen.
I think you should go for EU261, this should amount to €800 compensation, according to Kiltman's post I don't think you will get anywhere with stress and inconvenience on top.

However if you still want to go down both routes you might be best contacting a travel solicitor, presumably they have some experience with this. Stress and inconvenience is a nebulous area and notoriously difficult to prove.
Thanks all.

Will keep it simple, and I will go for EU261, this should amount to €800 compensation, according to Kiltman's

Regarding cost of holiday/day lost easy to calculate-

cost of holiday = £1200 - 1 week holiday = divide by 7

= £171 = cost of 1 days holiday !

NO, you'll have to deduct the cost of the flight.... (the major component!)... one day may be as little as £20..

ATB,J.
mikiesb wrote:
Thanks all.

Will keep it simple, and I will go for EU261, this should amount to €800 compensation, according to Kiltman's

Regarding cost of holiday/day lost easy to calculate-

As merseygull says, you need to deduct the major component - the flight, and as it's a package you have no idea how much that was. The actual accommodation cost of a package is usually very little.
Hi good news.£600 total compensation cheque received today 400 euros each

Thanks everyone my stinging email months ago plus follow up calls worked !
Please to hear you got it resolved and your claim was successful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.