Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Decades Bar
14 Posts
Hi
We went to decades bar in march on Tuesdays they had live music, there was 4 in our group but there was plenty of couples and larger groups, it was a lively night people dancing good food and drink cheap enough,
I did think what a nice friendly crowd was in when we went, we would go again.
Danny
Decades is a great place for live music three or four nights a week, they also have karaoke and bingo that are very popular ,

Most, if not all of the food and drinks are cheaper than shack prices and the Indian and Chinese food is excellent also there is a range of jacket spuds, burgers with or without chips and snack food however because the place is so popular and everybody arrives about 7.30 there can be a wait for food but they do warn when you order if there is a long delay

Decades was never meant to be a restaurant only a bar that served snacks as they only have a tiny kitchen but due to demand had to offer a bigger range of food and that lead to delays on popular evenings, just not possible to serve a hundred fresh cooked meals in half an hour however personally I would rather wait for the food while watching free entertainment than be served precooked food warmed up also Jackie and Brad have been and still are working hard to make the kitchen area bigger and more efficient

That hard work has paid off and Decades have now been awarded a certificate of excellence by a well known travel advise group

https://www.facebook.com/decadesbar.goa?fref=ts
Personally I don't like the place. Each to their own. Karaoke and bingo are not what I look for when I go to Goa. It wouldn't do for us all to like the same
Not keen on bingo and even if I was really drunk you couldn't drag me up to sing but I have in the past enjoyed the atmosphere of karaoke nights. I am surprised to hear about the prices. It's hard to beat shack prices.
Bingo and Karaoke are not really my thing but been there a few times for live music and usually had a good night. It can get crowded and as has been said, food service times slow down but hey, you're on holiday and the music's free (and usually very good). If there's a few of you, I'd advise booking.

The music used to be at the opposite end of the venue and I preferred it there but I can understand why it was moved in order to create more space.
They do seem to advertise live music quite a lot. I also notice that it's one of the places still open at the end of the season.
Going to Decades tonight to see Anika, we are not a bingo fans or karaoke however 'eragain likes to have a go sometimes but the live music evenings ranged from excellent to absolutely fabulous, Aviv was singing and playing guitar there at the start of the season also arranged a talent contest for the Rolling Stone magazine, Anika took over his slot and now does a Motown evening that is normally jam packed, Almost Famous were there every week all season and had most of the place up dancing, Sundays with Graeme Hamilton (UB40) were the Reggae and Ska night and great fun as was Jan Graveson ("Tony" nominated Broadway & Westend Star) singing her version of popular songs with Elvis Lobo playing acoustic guitar also Chris Simmons (The Bill) did several special evenings and mustn’t forget the brilliant Noel De Gamma and Chilly’s friend Keith who would turn up with their guitars to join in the fun and Dominic Doolittle who did a guest session on keyboard

Where else could you be entertained not just by excellent local talent but also by international stars and all for free, Rock ‘n Roll on next season
'eragain doing ksraoke?? Must see that :rofl
Anika is who I've seen adverrtised. Seen Almost Famous and loved them. Keith I know is great but unfortunately we havent met him yet
Seeing doesn't hurt Fiona, it's hearing thats painful :rofl
Almost Famous have been really good this year also been doing gigs at Cafe Jazz, Candolim and the family shack Boatys in Calangute and we all got invited to Pedro’s wedding that finished with a jam session at midnight, what could be better on your wedding day :tup

I also believe Keith has been doing "Breakfast in America" this week :rofl
Yes Keith is getting around isn't he? :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siq_0z42nnM[/youtube]
Just found Aviv at Decades. That is my kind of music :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.