Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi,

We used Destinology for our Holiday to Thailand this Easter and will be booking our thailand trip next year with them as I have spent weeks trying to get the best deal and no one seems to be able to match their prices and they even knocked a £200 off because we used them this year.

Definately recommend them, their service is excellent.
Hi Ian,

We used Brides & Beaches on a recommendation from a friend who had previously used them. They arranged our wedding at the Heritage in Mauritius and I can't put into words how good they were to us. We were the typical nightmare customers who wanted a price on every single hotel but they were extremely patient and very informative.

Their staff members between them have visited most hotels and even sent us copies of personal photo's. One of the girls had been to visit our hotel a few days before we arrived and had even left a personal note in our room wishing us a good day. They were very good on price and went well out of their way to make it a very special day for us I would be more than happy to recommend them.
Thanks for your info guys. Still not decided which one to go with! Shall see if either prepared to undercut the other before I decide!

Regards

Ian
Hello Ian,

Im sorry but i cannot share the same enthusiasm as the some of the other psts, A few friends of mine used the guys at bridesandbeaches for their wedding, they said they would never use them again, by all accounts the company are very incompetent and nearly messed the whole day up, minor to major points were raised at their service and organising, this is'nt the first time i've heard a bad review about this company on other forums and review sites, so i would definitely go with "Destinology" as i believe these guys have a much better service and their prices are very good.

Hope you have a fantastic wedding day.

Jim.
Destinology booked the wrong hotel for me in December 2012 in Mauritius, once I was there they offered me the right hotel for an extra £10,000.

I had booked the four seasons and ended up with a serviced apartment.

On arriving back once legal action was threatened against them I settled at compensation from my next holiday, but whenever I tried to book this with them, their prices were at double or triple the prices readily available for the same holidays online.

I had been using Destinology since 2009, or 2010, I will not use them again or recommend them to give you some idea I had spent around £40k with them and this is how I was treated.
ih1001 wrote:
Destinology booked the wrong hotel for me in December 2012 in Mauritius, once I was there they offered me the right hotel for an extra £10,000.

On arriving back once legal action was threatened against them I settled at compensation from my next holiday, but whenever I tried to book this with them, their prices were at double or triple the prices readily available for the same holidays online.

I had been using Destinology since 2009, or 2010, I will not use them again or recommend them to give you some idea I had spent around £40k with them and this is how I was treated.

Extra £10,000 where were you staying :yikes
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
ih1001 wrote:

Extra £10,000 where were you staying :yikes
It is quite possible to cost 10k as we are talking about the Four Seasons hotel and there are some very exclusive villa residences .
Just to update , as the previous posts were from 6/7 years ago , I have used Destinology recently , last year for a desert hotel in Dubai , and they impressed me enough to use them to book a different hotel this year in November , once again in the Dubai desert . Their prices were unbeatable , but not soooo low that it was doubtful that I would not get what i booked and bumped into an inferior hotel a week before departure or on arrival . Also their customer service was excellent with all information updated any extra help if I needed transfers etc and a very good follow up service . This years booking was already cheaper with a good sale price and they even knocked a bit more off for being a repeat customer , I will update again after this November's holiday ,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.