Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We usually travel with Ferris but didn't travel by coach this year , i do now people
that went with Ferris and they used the channel tunnel.
did you book with interbrava cider?,

i just wanted to know if you can move about on the eurostar or are you stuck in the coach, and how long the crossing takes, the ferry kind of breaks the journey up a bit, and wifey loves hitting perfume counters
the tunnel takes about 35 minutes from dover to calais.
you can get off the coach, and in my opinion it is better if you do. i found sitting either in a car or on the coach that you feel the movement a lot more.
there are shops in the terminal at both ends so shopping can still be done :(
I just sat on the coach when i went by tunnel, was no point in getting off and walking around the meat wagon! :rofl

Much prefer the ferry to break the journey up :tup

Yep, booked with Interbrava for one of their coach hols, hopefully they will get enough people interested to actually run it
Hi I went by coach this year and we used the ferry both ways due to the fire in the tunnel. When I went two years ago we used the tunnel on the way over and I recommend as one of the other members said get off the coach as it gets very hot. Not going by coach next year flying as 26/27 hours is too much but may use H top Hotels through ferris fly.
We went with Siesta and went through the tunnel both ways to make up time. There is not a lot to do if you get off the coach other than go to the toilet. Journey is roughly 35 mins and although there is a window in the carriage there is nothing to see :)
We prefer the ferry to break up the journey and do some shopping or getting something to eat. We have booked with Siesta this year again as we couldn't fault their service to Costa Brava
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.