Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Andy and welcome to HT.
If you tell us a bit more of your holiday details,hotel,resort,which board basis and the price, we would be in a better position to answer your question. If a deal looks too good to be true,it usually is but you may have found yourself a bargain.
hi
holiday is for 11 nights for 3 people,to marmaris staying at the casa de maris all inc and it cost £1150,,,the holiday now is £2700 on web site,,ive received flight and hotel receipt voucher this bit intrigues me "Booking confirmed and guaranteed - Voucher - Hotel"
I've just done a dummy booking for 3 in Sept and got a price of £1900. When are you going?
Also- and I suppose this is obvious- but you checked the flights and hotel- have they definitely booked for 3 people?
yeah fiona all booking is for three ,ive just checked it now,,,with luggage and transfers from glasgow its £2900;;;;;;can they cancel the hotel as price was wrong?
It might be correct, hotels sell x many rooms at a certain price, when they sell the price rises for another x many then rises again and so on, similarly flight prices rise by the same, so many seats at x when they go the price rises again then again and so and so on.

What date are you going?
we are going 01st september for 11 nights,
This receipt is issued to you by On The Beach Limited on behalf of Hotelbeds accommodation & Destination services trading as Hotel Beds
Starting Total Sales Price: £248.67
Gross cost of Hotel: £248.67
Service Fee *: £0.00
Online Discount against Hotel Service Fee/Selling Price: £-17.41
Total: £231.26

11 nights all inc???
Now this is the info we really needed at the beginning. I guessed at mid September using easyjet from London to get the price I did. However, I think you know the answer. There is no way they can give AI for 3 for £21 a night. The receipt does not say what standard of accommodation or length of stay.
They have obviously made a mistake. I would hazard a guess that the hotel quote is per person for accommodation only.
Fiona I've done a dummy booking and the hotel only shows AI option.
morning ,

heres the full hotel voucher ,the flights are seperate

This receipt is issued to you by On The Beach Limited on behalf of Hotelbeds accommodation & Destination services trading as Hotel Beds
Starting Total Sales Price: £248.67
Gross cost of Hotel: £248.67
Service Fee *: £0.00
Online Discount against Hotel Service Fee/Selling Price: £-17.41
Total: £231.26
Hotel Voucher

Voucher - Accommodation
Booking confirmed and guaranteed - Voucher - Hotel
Reference number:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Valid for the hotel

Casa De Maris Hotel

Pax name: name removed
Booking date: 08/08/2014
File TO: name removed
Units Room type Adults Children Children Ages Board
1x Double With Side Sea View 3 0 All Inclusive
Remarks

******RATES ARE NOT VALID FOR BELGIUM AND GERMANY CITIZENS OR PASSPORT HOLDERS***

fiona this is why im asking what could happen,if i get to turkey,with family,do they have to honour the price?or will i be left homeless for 11 nights :)
The hotel won't have to honour it if the booking agent has made a mistake. And £21 a night altogether for 3 people per night AI just has to be a mistake. Its a 5 star hotel isn't it?
Best to get back on to OTB. If they still insist its correct, if I were you I would contact the hotel itself.
If it turns out the price is correct, then god knows what they are giving you to eat and drink!
using travelsupermarket the cheapest they have for your dates are £117 per night for 2 adults( approx. £1300). This is with Bravofly and Travelopia.
OTB have definitely made a mistake and really should have noted it, particularly when you phoned and queried it.
You need to ohone again- it will be interesting to see how they handle it.
lke i said fiona ,i contacted them when booking was pending,to confirm these prices were correct,,,she said that was the same price on her system,i believe the reason an online booking is pending for 48hrs is for them to make sure all pricing is correct,.after that fone call i receieved the confirmation of booking for both hotel and flights,,,,
Ok- have they actually taken your money? Do you have a receipt for money paid?
Wonder if it's something weird maybe a computer glitch and the hotel booking should read £1231.26 as opposed to £231.26 ?

I think you are taking a chance leaving it this way as if they notice their terms and conditions that you will have ticked the box to say you agree to will let them cancel it.

I doubt onthebeach will notice now, but hotelbeds which are the bedbooker may and I would think the hotel certainly will when they see what they are actually getting paid for your booking.
i am worried a bit about it,,,,but on the voucher it does state this booking is confirmed and guaranteed,,surely if its a fault at their end ,,but they confirm,the booking ,then any loss is between OTB and hotel?
Fiona HT Mod wrote:
Ok- have they actually taken your money? Do you have a receipt for money paid?

money has been took fiona,
i have an ATOL receipt for flight,,and thats the hotel voucher ive posted
I'm just worried that it could all go through unnoticed, you could get there and the hotel won't let you in, will say they have no rooms, been overbooked that kind of thing.

Then you will be stuck and need to quickly find yourself new accommodation, which is mega stressful especially if you have a little one with you.
hi Doe,,,,surely if i get to turkey,,OTB have a responsibilty to find accomodation?
Well on the face of it, you have a really good case. You have a receipt that the hotel has been paid for and a booking reference number. However, as Doe says, you don't want to arrive and find the hotel is not interested.
As Doe said- your contract is with Hotelbeds, not OTB
1.1.3 OTB, because we act as booking agent, accept no responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of, or services provided by, Travel Suppliers. We advise you to read their Booking Conditions carefully as they do contain important information about your booking. Please ask us for copies of these if you do not have them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.