Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I was woken at 4.30am on my return last month,even though I hadnt ordered breakfast,they were obviously trying to get rid of the spare ones.This is not something I would complain to a holiday company about but its good to have a moan on HT. :rofl
The complaint that hasnt been sorted was from my May holiday.
JayTrip, know what you mean about being waken.... :cry

However, scanning your previous posts I can't find/see what your problem from May was... can you post a link to any previous relevant postings or enlighten us otherwise??

ATB,J.
At this moment I dont really want to say what the complaint was as its still has not been resolved.
It involves the Thomas Cook travel agent I booked with and the Thomas Cook staff in resort(not the Rep)
Then, Jaytrip, I think that it's a little unfair for you to keep alluding to it in this forum (unless it's sub judice)

We are here to help, but can't do so unless we know the details....

ATB,J.
Merseygull

I don't find it at all unfair that Jaytrip doesn't want to discuss her complaint.
She was just commenting on the fact that Thomas Cook had taken over six months to give an answer to a complaint she had made. I don't think she was asking for help or advice just making a comment.

Judith
jmk
sorry to hear your flight home got of to a bad start. think it was very rude of that couple to do what they did,

dont think jmk said he didnt want to sit beside babies or children, that was not the issue the issue was other people taking his, and his wifes seats, so he had no choice but to sit next to the lady with the baby, tho as he said the baby was no problem,

but im with the others who have said i think you should get a full refund for the seats plus abit more
waiting to see the outcome of this
tammie
Jaytrip and Judith

Apologies :zip

ATB,J.
I am sorry if I didnt make it clear in my posts that Thomas Cook have replied to my complaint 5 times :yikes
But not to my satisfaction :que
I am not after compensation and when the matter has been resolved I will disclose what the problem was.
I was really just trying to let other member know that if you are not satisfied with their response,keep contacting them :tup
I know they must be sick of me but in my next letter it will give me great pleasure to tell them I have booked my 2011 holidays with Thomson. :rofl
Well it is now 31 days since Thomas Cook received my recorded delivery complaint with a signed official report from cabin staff and boarding cards. They have not responded in the 28 days promised by them as an ABTA member. I am disgusted with them. I was not asking for any more than a refund for the cost of the pre booked seats. Today I tried to phone customer services using the number on the letter. On the first call I was kept in a queue for 10 minutes and then the line went dead. On the second attempt after waiting 10 minutes I was told the gentleman couldn't help me but transferred me to another number. I waited in a queue for 25 minutes and then was cut off again. This is a rediculous situation and I will not let them get away with it. I have sent XXXXXX XXXXXX of customer relations an email explaining my disgust at their handling of this matter and have suggested she reply to me within 2 days or I will take the matter to ABTA, Trading Standards and CAB. I don't hold out much hope of a reply from her though as it has become increasingly clear that Thomas Cook really don't care that they took my money for a service and failed to provide it. Not only that but they failed to resolve the matter in the time they as ABTA members specified.
I did mention that I have detailed my experiences on this web site.

Well, this is truly rediculous. I have just received a reply from my email saying they will respond to it within 28 days.
  • Edited by David 2010-11-08 11:58:40
    Personal name removed
It made my blood boil reading this. We had a similar thing last year on our outward bound flight to Cuba with Thomas Cook. Like you someone was sat in our seats and at first refused to move until my mother kicked up a right stink. The cabin crew really didn't want to know, much to scared of upsetting the other couple so my mum took it into her own hands and in the end they moved. Some people really just don't care even though they know they shouldn't be sat there, I think sometimes they just do it out of spite because they don't like being told they're in the wrong. I know it's easy for me to say now but you should have demanded the money off the snooty couple for stealing your seats, either that or dragged her out by her hair lol.
Well it is now 31 days since Thomas Cook received my recorded delivery complaint with a signed official report from cabin staff and boarding cards. They have not responded in the 28 days promised by them as an ABTA member. I am disgusted with them. I was not asking for any more than a refund for the cost of the pre booked seats. Today I tried to phone customer services using the number on the letter. On the first call I was kept in a queue for 10 minutes and then the line went dead. On the second attempt after waiting 10 minutes I was told the gentleman couldn't help me but transferred me to another number. I waited in a queue for 25 minutes and then was cut off again. This is a rediculous situation and I will not let them get away with it. I have sent XXXXXX XXXXXX of customer relations an email explaining my disgust at their handling of this matter and have suggested she reply to me within 2 days or I will take the matter to ABTA, Trading Standards and CAB. I don't hold out much hope of a reply from her though as it has become increasingly clear that Thomas Cook really don't care that they took my money for a service and failed to provide it. Not only that but they failed to resolve the matter in the time they as ABTA members specified.
I did mention that I have detailed my experiences on this web site.

Well, this is truly rediculous. I have just received a reply from my email saying they will respond to it within 28 days.

Don't give up JMK, this is nothing short of theft and you are entitled to your money back. It's disgusting the way TC have treated you, that weak lily livered cabin crew should have done their job properly and got that couple moved.
Don't give up JMK, sit your ground and please god you will get sorted ....colleen
think colleen and me should go sort them out for you lol
only joking but yes dont give up the good fight, you will win in the end

tammie
No I will not give up and will be sending them emails twice a day until they reply to me. I will also be writing to them again by post tomorrow.
Whilst I can understand your anger and frustration with Thomas Cook, email is a relatively poor way to get success. It can disappear into a black hole (sometimes all too conveniently) and not get answered. It will cost you I know, but sending letters with notification of reception may do more for you because you can prove that you sent x letters and received y (or even 0) replies. Emails can't be proved as easily. They can be shown that they were sent from you, but whether they were ever received by the other party, well that depends on whether they have an option to show a reception receipt on their email software, and also whether they choose to notify you .........
Agree with Alsa, paper copies only, even registered delivery!!

Keep at it... GO FOR THE JUGULAR!!

ATB,J.
Well my first letter was by registered post and I have the proof they received it and they did reply to that saying they would look into the matter and write to me within 28 days of 8th October. The problem is how much money do I decide to throw at this with postage (somewhere about 2 pounds per registered letter) before it becomes not worth it. I already have spent money on 1 registered letter, 2 x 10 minute phone calls and 1 x 25 minute call.
It seems I can refer the matter to ABTA as TC have failed to reply within the 28 days and I suppose this is my best bet now.
JMK,I sent my first letter by registered post and it took them 6 weeks to answer that letter.
After that I just sent them by ordinary post and always got a letter saying they would reply within 28days.
My last letter (5th) from them last week came 6 weeks after I had wrote to them.
They strange thing is after I received the 1st reply I wrote to the named person on that letter but each time I got a reply it was from a different person :que
It would make it easier if one customer relations person was allocated to one customers complaint.
By the time my complaint is resolved at this rate I will have received a letter from everyone working in their complaints department. :rof
I was told the best time to ring them was at 8.59am just before the office opened. :que
It would make it easier if one customer relations person was allocated to one customers complaint.

Jaytrip - that would be FAR too sensible!! They also should allocate reference numbers so that any member dealing with a complaint should be able to bring up on screen what progress (if any) has been made so far..

ATB,J.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.