Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
they do knock money off if you ring them
i thought it was the same company...not too bothered tbh had crap thru tc
but could be worth a go to get it cheaper ;)
I wouldn't hesitate to book with direct holidays- I have booked with them many times with no problems. Over the last few years all my package holidays have either been with direct holidays of TC, whichever turned out to give me the best deal. You get more luggage allowance with DH than TC too :tup
The luggare is 15kg,for the holiday im after its extra to go to 20kgs,never needed that much before.
Yes my friend said that transfers are usually included aswell...dt i think it will be,unless i can get tc to knock a big chunk off.
Return Transport between your destination airport and accommodation in resort is included.

If you make a 'Late Holiday booking' a transfer is not included but can be added at an extra charge at the time of booking. 'Late Holiday bookings' are any holiday travelling within 12 weeks of booking. To add on transfers to your booking you can contact us here. Transfers can only be added on 14 days or more before departure.

this is less than 12 weeks to departure,so dont no if they are included but nowhere to add or take them off...
I would give them a call, I've always found them very helpful
Seems there's a bit of confusion over the luggage allowance with DH. I also thought it had been decreased to 15kgs as I stated in this previous post

Hi Lily, it seems that DH have decreased their hold luggage allowance from 20kgs to 15kgs for 2012. I cant see it stated on any of the pages but when I search luggage allowance it tells you what to do if you want to increase from 15kgs to 20kgs so I'm presuming that it's 15 that comes as standard

but a later post by nicJw (previous page) says that the allowance is 20kgs :que
This is copy/pasted when doing a price enquiry :)
Sahara Beach Skanes Enfidha
7 nights, All Inclusive,
departing Wed 22 Jun 11
Room 1 - Twin room for maximum 3 people features, balcony
Your holiday includes:
2 Adults£840.00
2 In-flight Meal£0.00
2 Fuel Supplement£50.00
Online Discount-£192.00

Total holiday price £698.00
Your holiday price may vary from the price you saw previously due to system updates
Important information about your holiday

Flight Details
Outbound - Thomas Cook Airlines
ManchesterWed 22-06-11at 06:00 EnfidhaWed 22-06-11at 09:15
Inbound - Thomas Cook Airlines
Enfidha Wed 29-06-11 at 10:15 Manchester Wed 29-06-11 at 13:40
Make your holiday complete
Flight Extras Board Basis
5kg extra allowance+£30
Your standard luggage allowance is kg per person. You can add an extra 5 kg allowance per person for your whole party for just £30.00
Choose Your Seat+£30
Reserve seats together for just £30.00for the whole party. This service does not guarantee specific seat numbers.
In-flight meals+£0
Add a full in-flight meal service. Meals can only be ordered for the whole party for just £0.00
Adult 1:

Adult 2:

All Inclusive Included
Charitable DonationThomas Cook Foundation - Taking Care of our Future + £2
The Thomas Cook Foundation aims to build a better future for us all by working with the travel Foundation and the Thomas Cook Childrens Charity.
Yes, I would like to donate
No, Not at this time
i spoke to a woman earlier on DT she said yes its transfers included because its not classed as a late deal and i get extra luggage allowance :)
We have booked next year with Direct Holidays and our invoice states that we get 20kg of luggage.
The luggare is 15kg,for the holiday im after its extra to go to 20kgs,never needed that much before.
Yes my friend said that transfers are usually included aswell...dt i think it will be,unless i can get tc to knock a big chunk off.

All holidays with Direct have a hold luggage of 20kgs.You can if you want pay extra for an additional 5kgs.This is from the Direct Holidays first edition brochure.
Can anyone please clarify what I have just read with regards to Direct Holidays, that when you pay your "low deposit", with Direct Holidays,
you have to pay the balance within 8 weeks of paying the low deposit, its very confusing, I was ready to pay the deposit of £234.00, then read about paying the rest off within 8 weeks. This is for a holiday in march 2012.

If anyone can please explain this, I would much appreciate it.

thanks

abby
these low deposit holidays are great if you understand what you are really getting.
the holiday firm will take the booking on the basis of a low deposit -which really means partial deposit -and you then have to pay the remainder of the deposit within an agreed timescale.
you then pay the balance of the holiday price around 8-12 weeks before you travel.
if you cancel your holiday after paying the "low deposit" but before you have paid the rest of the deposit you still have to pay the rest of the normal deposit.
that is why it should really be called a partial deposit.
ensure that when you pay the low deposit you take out your holiday insurance and don't wait till nearer the time.
Yes that's right...with Direct Hols you have to pay the remainder of the deposit within 8 weeks of booking.
excellent explanation from Jimd-f of how the low deposit works. Just remember the important point of having to forfeit the WHOLE of the deposit (initial low payment PLUS what's owing of the deposit) in the event of an early cancellation.
I've booked 3 years on the trot with Direct holidays and never once paid the remainder of the low deposit in their 8 weeks timescale. Yes it does state at the time of booking that it is due within 8 weeks but I've never been reminded about it by them so never bothered paying it. In fact i've just paid my final balance and at the same time as i received an email reminder about that came another email to remind me of my low deposit balance of £230 . by the 8 week rule that would of been due months ago. I just ignored it and paid the final balance when it was due a week later.

As has been said ,If you need to cancel though you would be responsible for the rest of the deposit.
Meant to say that would be a chance you take because equally I've known people here that have indeed received a reminder at the 8 weeks point . I havnt so have never bothered paying it .
Lyn, I've never had a reminder about paying the full deposit balance after 8 weeks either but have always been too afraid not to pay it. I remember at one time some TA's didn't even send a reminder when the full balance was due and it was written in the booking confirmation invoice that no reminder would be sent and if the balance wasn't paid on the correct date, they were entitled to cancel your holiday. I never took the risk of not paying on time:duh
Hi does anyone know the postal address for direct holidays to send a complaints letter, thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.