Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
direct holidays seem to be selling holidays to turkey for next year really fast, i tried ringing them to see if they could get me a cheaper price than the internet which is what they did for me last year but the very unhelpful woman said no the internet price is the cheapest and quoted me £1000 more., thomas cook seem to be cheaper at the min
Hello there,

I have a holiday booked to rhodes next wednesday. It now looks very likely that my long term partner will not be coming on holiday with me and our son. The holiday is booked with Direct Holidays. Will it make any difference if he doesnt go? I dont think I need to tell them do I ? Our luggage allowancce was/is 20kg each, im presuming we will now only have a total of 40kg allowance?
Never been abroad by myself let alone with by myself with my son so feel very nervous about the whole thing. Not too sure how my son is going to react to the news that his dad isnt coming with us :(

Does anyone know how much it would cost to change the name on the ticket at this stage?

Thanks for reading x
Well I have read their T&C's and searched their site to no avail. It does state that costs are detailed in their FAQ's, but when you look there is just says that you have to call them on an 0871 number to make an amendment query. I have found this number for Customer Services 01324 565295 so it may be worth giving them a call.

luci :wave
Thanks so much for the replys guys
Links not working tho :(
Just checked - link works for me but took a while :tup
Im just gettin a navy blue screen with a long white line ?
thanks anyway
not found anyone to take the ticket anyway x
Hi nursynewcastle .... just a thought, but are you the lead name on the booking, as only that person could make any changes ?

David :wave
That's good nursynewcastle.

Their site does seem to be playing up tonight. This is a different link to the Booking Conditions (pdf file), but as mentioned earlier, it appears to be £35 for a name change. Name changes on the day of departure will incur additional costs:
http://www.directholidays.co.uk/pdf/Direct%20Holidays%20Package%20Booking%20Conditions.pdf

I have been charged £5.95 for using a debit card, does anyone know if this is correct, tried phoning them but kept on hold too long.

Caz
This too has happened to me twice. It seems to be a website error, but easily sorted. On both occasions I completed the online email form via the 'contact us' page, ensuring that I used the Invoice Number as the Subject e.g X123456Y. I just typed a short note to the effect that I had been charged for using a debit card and would they please forward an amended invoice less the charge and BINGO! it actually works!! A fresh email Invoice arrives within a day or two. Good luck!! ;)
Looking back through this topic, it seems to have happened to a few folk.

Thank you both, will try emailing, just the principle really, they should have sorted this by now :que
Caz
Just to let you know, the card charge has been deducted :tup
Caz
Anybody having trouble getting onto the direct holidays website?
Hi Neavsie - just tried here and no luck! Must be a problem with the site :tup
Hello All,

just booked with DH for lykia world, 25th june 1 week for 2 adults, £1194 this included 20kg of hold plus we have 5kg of hand luggage, as we are staying at Lykia world its thomas cook who runs the show there but we are flying with monarch due to early flights and as of this even tho DH stated free inflight meals they cannot provide them as its is not their airline (flythomas cook ) we are flying with.
other prices for same holiday were TC - £1380 and flexable trips £1919.00 so i think i got a bargain.

DH seam to be ok as this is the first i've used them, but these days you have to shop around for the best prices - however all 3 i've mentioned are part of thomas cook n therefore you would think they would be singing of the same sheet, with TC i would have had to pay extra to make my luggage 20kg and where flexable trips got their prices from - i think their on another planet !!! :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.