Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi Rubyann,Do you mean a change of area in Tenerife or somewhere else.I also use a scooter and go to Tenerife ,but I also go other places too.Let me know exactly what you mean and I possibly can help you .
Hi
Thanks for your message, I mean somewhere other than Tenerife. We have been going there many years now and would like to try somewhere else. Whilst there is a lot of info about disabled friendly hotels, there seems very little about the resorts themselves.
Hi Rubyann,I go to Benidorm in the Don Pancho hotel .The hotel has walkin showers ,good food and very clean and friendly.The resort is very good for scooter hire as it's a lot cheaper than Tenerife,about between 50 and 70 euros per week and it has lots of dropped kerbs and a very long prom thats scooter friendly, and has lots of seats for the partners who aren't on scooters. There's also the old town which again I can get to on my scooter that has lots of shops and restaurants.I also go to Salou in the Delfin Park hotel which again has walkin showers .There is also scooter hire from a place called Drac Beach that hires out quad bikes . Again there is a long prom ,an old town and dropped kerbs.By the way both these hotels are not far from the beach and prom.Next year I am going to try Costa teguise in Lanzarote I will let everyone know when I have been if it's any good.
I did try Calata de fuste in Fuertaventura but it wasnt very good for disabled people although the hotel was good.
I hope this is of some help to you as I know what it's like trying to find different places as I am still new to this too.
I love Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. They have a lovely accessible beach and a flat promenade which stretches for miles. There is also a really nice accessible Marina.
Hi my husband takes his own scooter and we just love Turkey. Bitez is perfect long flat sea front with bars and restaurants also chalis beach in Turkey flat easy access for scooter. We are also looking for a change and fancy Los Christianos in November can you advise of accessible hotel on the prom?
Thankyou for that.

We always stay at the Los Christianos end of Playa de las Americas where there are a lot of hotels overlooking the prom unlike Los Christianos which is more hilly. We don't have any experience of them as we stay a bit further back but as it's quite flat that doesn't matter. Last time we stayed at the Bitacora, which was fine but for years we used the La Siesta which was very friendly and well suited to the disabled. Sadly although it was beautifully refurbished the management changed and so did the standards, so I wouldn't want to recommend it.
The vulcano is said to be nice. Seen the rooms and eaten there but never stayed there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.