Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have done.... thanks.

Ray
Hi,

Off to Gumbet on Friday 30 June, have had the "Dream Girls" show recommended for a good night out and a laugh, anyone know of it or been this season???

Think it is on at 'Talk of the Town' in Bar Street, with entrance fee inc. meal, any idea how much, or if it's worth going???

Ray & Co.
Ray

Great night out, can't remember the actual price, but I think it was about £12 each, and that included a meal ( chicken & Chips ) and a free beer.
The show lasted quite a while , so it was great value for money. That will be one of our first things book.

It is situated near the top of Bar Street, you can't miss it , and all the travel agents sell the tickets.

So long as you don't sit near the front you shouldn' get picked on- but I wouldn't guarentee that

Jen
Thanks for the info, think we'll give it a go one night for a change from the usual bars. Just one day until we go!!!!
Hi

Does anyone know if the Corner Bar is still running the pool competitions, the last time we were in Gumbet, we used to go quite a lot to the Corner bar and my husband and son loved the pool competitions. Hugo the owner used to join in and the guy from the hand bag shop next door

On the count down now just, 18 more sleeps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen
Hi Ray, thought I would just let you know that i went to the show a couple of weeks ago and it was £18per person, including the chicken &chips or veggie meal + free drink. Hope you have a good time!

Ali.
How are things in Gumbet at the minute, anyone know, has it got any busier, and how is the exchange rate. We head out on the 17th July from Belfast, can' t wait. This good weather is just getting me nicely in the holiday mood

12more sleeps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni
Hi everyone

We are two female 40 somethings flying out to Gumbet on 04 August. We are staying at the Gumbet Cove Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis. Quite a tight budget for food and drink but would like recommendations for decent restaurants and bars. Not into eating what we would at home, like to try the true cuisine of the country we are in.

Also can anyone recommend where we should go for a turkish bath, i.e. clean and not a rip off where price is concerned.

Any ideas for bars where the atmosphere is fun but not lary (Faliraki style) and where we won't feel like the Grandmothers of the establishment. We are young at heart and like a laugh but do not like to feel threatened.

Cheers everyone, Nikki
If you want a fun night out go to the Roxy. Its basically for all ages and the waiters are great fun. They will get you dancing and the drinks arrent too expensive either.
Yeah, would agree with the Roxy, Smileys, Corner Bar (all practically next door or across the street from each other) for good fun, dancing and entertainment for all ages.

For good Turkish food, I'd recommend the Turkish Delight restaurant, its run by a lovely family (the wife is Turkish, her husband is Irish).

The Turkish bath at the Baba hotel would be my recommendation - small and not packed at any time. Just go to reception at the hotel and they'll sort you out.

Happy holidays,

Elaine
If so just need to ask a question if you ventured into Shakers!
sorry i've not just got back but i remember always going in there... it was a great bar :D
We got back from Gumbet on sunday evening It was our first trip to Turkey and have to say that its put my partner off wanting to go back we stayed in the siesta apartments which were ok... clean but no views and very dark inside,
We got hassled our first morning there along the beach which we found a bit offputting i got called Miserable because i said no thankyou and wouldnt eat in the bar,
We did try paddling once on the waters edge and that was enough! i went in upto ankles and couldnt stand on the stones anylonger they werent even pebbles but sharp stones got out sat on the sunbed and the bottom of both feet had big blobs of tar on them my partner also suffered this! so we only used the resort pool after that,
Most people were friendly a couple did try grabbing your hand on the way past to get you to look at their menu but to be honest we only ate at resturants where there wasnt anyone outside touting! i wish they would learn that if they didnt hassle quite as much more people would step inside! .... we went into Legends one night for a drink which was ok and we ate in the Cafe De Columbia which was fantastic! packed every night and deliscious steaks, we ate at another resturant but i cant remember the name we had pasta and again it was lovely, they even had a singer at the back of the place.
Would i go again .. hmmm Gumbet probably not although id go back for a day to say hi to the friends we made at the siesta bar, Maybe we will try Marmaris next time ....
hey pixie,

I take on board your comments on Gumbet beach, it certainly isnt the best and i do remember scrambling in and out a good few times over sharp rocks, but believe me Marmaris is exactly the same (if not worse). In saying that both places (Gumbet and Marmaris) have beaches nearby which are much better than their own.. Ichmeler near Marmaris and Bitez near Gumbet.

Also there is hassle in Gumbet but I never found it to be unfriendly and if you did then i think its unfortunate and hope it doesnt put you off the place completely. We found we got just as much hassle in Marmaris.

All this said i had a fantastic holiday in Gumbet and a good one in Marmaris so both places are worth a visit :D
Just got back from Icmeler - found the Hassle to be worse than last year - the Town is very quiet and they are desperate for Trade.

Toffeemen
Im sorry I disagree, just returned myself from Icmeler and the hassle was less in my opinion, just a polite no thanks and they left you alone.
Nothing to be sorry for :) everyone is entitled to their opinion - There were times this year when we walked through the side streets back to our Apt rather than face the constant hassle of the Canal Bars - I appreciate that they are trying to make a living but we are also trying enjoy a peaceful holiday - not just my opinion but a view shared by several people we met .

Still had a brill time though and the kids cried as usual when leaving :cry:

Toffeemen
Just wondering do you have to pay for sunbeds on beach if so how much are they.Also can you take your own drinks and food on beach.. :D
No the sunbeds are free, nice big soft matresses too. Yes you can take food and soft drinks onto the beach. We were there in May and am going back in 21 sleeps.

Where are you staying and when are you going. Looking at the weather today and it is 105 degrees NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :pele :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.