Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry forgot to ask do you know the Hotel Parkim Palas or could you recommend a good hotel..Thanks :lol:
Yes, I stayed at the parkim palais in May, let me know how I can contact you and I will send some photoes of our trip and of the Parkim Palais
I cant wait im off to Gumbet in 2weekswith my girlfriend :D . I have never been turkey before. Is there any places or trips that anyone would recommend? We are staying at siesta beach appartments but we have a studio room on the lower ground but i have read some bad reviews about rooms on the lower ground so im abit worried on what to expect.
Never been to Gumbet.... but hope you have a fab time...
Gail..
Hi,

I go to Gumbet a lot - there are some good tips on things to do etc on this thread -

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1462

Happy holidays,

Elaine
Hi. We went to Gumbet a few years ago- Our first visit to Turkey. Just to put you in the picture, on our first night out there hubby and I thought "where the hell have we come to?". We ended up almost running through the resort as when we tried to take a leisurely stroll and browse, the people would try and get you in to their restaurants and shops. Even when we told them we'd eaten they wanted you to look at their menu for another time. However after the first night we took the advice of regular holiday makers and didn't let them put us off. Once they'd seen you a couple of times they gave you peace anyway.

After that first day, we relaxed and enjoyed every minute of the holiday. The weather was fab as was our hotel and the beach. It turned out to be up with the best holidays we've had and will probably go back again. Just relax and enjoy!
Hi Marc. Been to Gumbet a couple of times and it has changed a lot recently, much more built up since they built the airport at Bodrum. Beach is a bit naff so you need a good pool. Would recommend turtle beach excursion but dont go to the mud baths with a hangover it stinks of sulphur.

We spent most of our nights in Bodrum, preferred it there and it costs very little in a dolmus.

Have a great time
Hi there!

Going back to Gumbet 2 weeks today! :D We were there a couple of years ago and loved it, just wondering if the Mistral Restaurant is still there and if they still do the free bottle of wine with the meals? What are the average prices at the moment with food & drink?

Cheers!
Hi Going to Gumbet in August for 2 weeks :D Can anyone tell me of some good places to go for a night out.. :lol:
Hi can anyone recommend any good places to go for a night out in Gumbet..Going for 2 weeks in August :lol:
Gumbet is full of bars and clubs - what sort of a night out were you looking for?
Hi don't really mind as long as its good fun :lol:
Julie
We went to Gumbet four years ago and had the best hoilday ever. There are so many places to eat out you could manage 2 weeks and not go to the same place twice. The pubs and clubs are in abundance with most tastes catered for. bodrum is well worth a night out especially the Halikarnos night club. We went self catering to the Jasmin apartments but never ate in once.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did.

Willie
Hi,sounds great sure we will enjoy ourselves,we are staying at the Baba Hotel..Can't wait counting the days till August 11th! :D
I went to Gumbet and stayed at the Jasmin a couple of years ago and had one of the best holidays ever. My sister stayed at the Hotel Baba last year and really enjoyed it.

Gumbet is a good night out but dont be expecting a place like malia or kardemena.. there are some really good bars.. x-bar, central bar, shakers (if they havent changed name).

Dont go on the club bodrum katermeran as it keeps you out at sea till about 5 in the morning with extream drinks prices and no way to get home (unless you fancy a swim.... not recommended!) I heard good things about the open air halikarnas nightclub but never went... i'd give that a go if i were you..

Have a great holiday.. I certainly did :D
Hi Thank you i'm sure we will :lol:
Hi Julie. We stayed at the Hotel Baba when we went to Gumbet. It was in a wonderful location, right on the beach with all the action of the late night bars out through the front entrance and all the quieter rexstaurants along the beach. It had it's own crazy golf bar (a few years ago) where we spent many an early evening before our evening meal. The weather was fab and all the staff were friendly. The pool area was large and clean. We've never been back to the same hotel twice but I keep saying that we'll go back to the Baba before too long. Have a great holiday.
Thank You Shirley for your reply..Just a quick question can you take your own food and drink on the beach?
Hi Julie. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to take you're own food and drink onto the beach though we never did ourselves. The hotel had an open restaurant (under the shade) right on the beach front where we would wonder off the beach for a cheap snack and drink mid-day. Believe me the shaded area was a welcome retreat from the heat of the midday sun.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.