Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
there seems to be quite a few groups going away to turkey this summer - especially turkey. i'll be going with just my husband. although my brother will be going to kos so he'll probably island hop on one of the days to come and see us.

are you going for a special occasion? ie. stag do or anything?

there's a post on here somewhere - a girl asking if there's any sexy groups of men going to gumbet lol
hehe get to to message me :P
nah just goin away, we do it everywhere....went to bulgaria ast year 4 2 weeks

we pick someone to sort it all out and pick where we r going tske it in turns every year

Edit please do not post in phone style text further posts in this style may be deleted Briar
i've just found the girl's post - but they're going in july! oh well i'm sure they'll be a very high "women count" for you! lol

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=288920#288920

what was bulgaria like incidentally?
messy, hehe.....20 odd lads drinkin for a fortnight...lol

it was ok thou, we went june so it wasnt mad busy but was kickin in
Hi Daveymanc cant believe im gonna miss you & 20 other men in gumbet haha! I fly home on the day you arrive after being there for 2 weeks! Never mind im sure there'll be plently of other girls around :P

Gumbet is a great place, especially on your first time. This is from a girls point of view though hehe (all the turkish men are gorg)! There's quite a few good bars in Gumbet like Shakers, XBar, Central bar. Theres also a couple of clubs as well but they might not be that busy in june. Dont worry though Bodrum is 10 mins away & theres loads of bars there & not forgetting Halikarnis (a massive open air nightclub).
Im sure you'll have fun & there should be plently of nice girls around at that time of year :wink:

Let me know if you want to know anything else (this will be my 6th time to Gumbet)!!!

Nicole x
well they r just that, 20 men.....id say 5 r over 50, 10 over 40 and between 30, and me andmymate the yonguest at 24 :0

so thers not much choice..lol

unless u like me..lool
Hiya there! Just gotta say you'll love gumbet, its fab. I'm 21 and going on the 6th june. There is 19 of us going, all family and friends. This is out 3rd year in a row. Where are you staying? We are at the jasmin. Come and join our party, ha! Not long now, can't wait.
oh cool. is they any fitties among ya :P only joking...lol

i cant wait now, not long to go.

Where are you from?

I aint gont a clue whree we are staying or anything..lol

hope to hear from u soon
Hello again!
We're from newcastle, so if you see 19 mad goeordies say hello.
I can recommend that you go on a boat trip for the day. We did, booked it through sandy on the beach. It was great we had the boat to ourselves it was a right laugh. So with there being 20 of you it should be good. We'll be doing it again. Bar street is great, all the bars are open till about 5am. There are loads of restaurants and we've never had a bad meal yet. Nearly everywhere gives you free bottles of wine with your meal. One night they gave us 11 bottles to get us to eat in their restaurant. That'll take some beating! Everyone is very friendly too.
Hope you enjoy it.
Phone style text post deleted Briar
Was at Gumbet last year and loved every minute of it. What hotel are you in? We stayed at the Turihan Hotel wich was right on the beach, brilliant! Lots of chicks on bar st at night and its all tits out during the day on the beach so you will get a perv ok. Make sure you go on a boat trip they are ace! Do the cliff dive, I was the only chick to do it and it was great fun! Go to Turgetreis market on Tuesdays too, the clothes there are exellent!

enjoy
vicky where are you flying from? we leave on the same day as you.
we will be staying at WOW Bodrum resort
Hiya suzanne. I'm flying from Newcastle. But we're staying in gumbet at the jasmin beach. I've never stayed in bodrum, have you?
no we have never been to gumbet or bodrum.
well peeps its not far away no, one week and counting for me to go before a major bender starts at the airport..lol

hope everyone is looking forward to it. if any of you are on msn and want to talk to me let me know and illa dd you
:)
Vicki, Have you been before? We have just booked a last minute deal today and need to arrange our accomodation, any where you would recommend, 3 lads looking for a laugh... fairly close to town dont want to be crawling to far home at 5 in the morning!
Hi Andrew,

Did you just get flights to Bodrum then? Bodrum and Gumbet are right next to each other, so you will find plenty going on in both places.

When are you flying, and how many nights are you staying? I'll have a look on medhotels for you, see if theres any hotels available on there that are central etc.

Elaine
Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your reply. We are flying out Next Monday evening, and are there for a week. SHould be ba good alugh ive not been before but been told the weathers good, the beers cheap and people are generally friendly?

Have you been before, where would you recommend, what are the general do's and dont's for over there?

We have got the flights booked and just need to go back to the holiday company today or tomorrow to let them know which hotel we want to stay in they have given us a choice of 3. They are trying to push us to towards the Siesta hotel? Im not sure if thats good or bad???

Are you going to be out there yourself? is there a large group of you going? where you flying from?
Hi Andrew,

Which other accommodation have you been offered?
The Siesta hotel is very central for everything in Gumbet, and is definitely geared towards the young singles crowd. Only problem this year is, its still in the process of being renovated, and when I left Gumbet on 23rd May, it still looked like it had a couple of weeks before it would be open for business. I know the holiday companies are still taking bookings for it, but one of my friends was moved to the Dilek hotel (which is lovely, and still central) in early May because the Siesta wasn't ready for guests.

If you tell me the other 2 hotels you've been offered, I can let you know which one I think might be best for you and the lads.

I first went to Gumbet 9 years ago, on a girlies holiday, and I've been going back every year since then, even now I'm married with a little girl I still love the place.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.