Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
post topic
96 Posts
P P S to the above
The Marcan is a good hotel with good facilities although it can be quite busy although october time should be a bit quieter as the season ends at the end of the month . we were staying there in 2001 . drop me an e-mail if you wish any further info about Hisaronu .Wee-john
We're off to Olu in two weeks time - I hope you don't mind if I name drop Wee-John? The restaurants sounds nice - can you get proper turkish dishes in there?
Merhaba Pipanda
Yes you can get real turkish dishes in the Mercan as well as English . Mehmet and Nebi are excellent chefs and will endeavour to make you anything you wish . the Dolmus from Olu. will drop you right at the entrance and a warm welcom awaits you.Its just on the right , after the road levels out after the hill up from Olu and just before the roundabout .I 'm sure that you wont be disappointed . If you go for lunch or even a few effes biras then the pool of the hotel is at your disposal for free .
Regards Wee-john. :) :) :) :wink:
up the main road opposite the han hotel is a place called the monkey slide its a cafe/restaurant with an indoor fun area soft play slides etc abit
like wacky warehouse , its £3 per child and you can go in then come out
and go back later
john thanks for the info i'll be in touch nearer the time looking for info about the resort,bars restaraunts,trips etc.as i said this is our first time in turkey so we dont really know anything about it.we are going on the 10th october so hope the weather is ok

thanks garry
Yes you can get a bus from Fethiye to Icmeler it takes about 2 and a half hours you just need to find out the timetables from the main bus terminal
in fethiye .We done it about 4 years ago it wasnt very expensive about £6.00 each i think.
We always used to go to Icmeler and Loved it we had a change and now Love Hisaronu. Both differant but both really great places I am sure you will have a great time. We are flying out this evening to Olu deniz for one week, so I will report on any information I can find out for you when I get Back
Gail
When booking your ticket, make sure you are booking the bus that stops in marmaris. There is another bus that goes near marmaris and drops you off at the junction the wrong side of the mountain where you then have to wait on a dolmus to take you into marmaris (about 30-40 mins drive) - and it can be a long wait in the midday sun. From marmaris you just get the dolmus or water taxi into icmelar
Are there restaurant/bars in Olu Deniz where you can settle down fairly early in the evening for a meal and then stay on for a drink, with maybe a little entertainment thrown in?
You could try having a meal at the Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel then move to entertainment area then onto the Plaza Bar (all located within the hotel)

Although the hotel is all inclusive this year they have still kept arrangements for non resident visitors. Belcekiz Beach hotel is located on the beach front. I can not say what the entertainment is this year as yet to venture there in the evenings.
Can anyone tell me if the Telmessos Hotel is anywhere near the Marcan Hotel in Hisaronu.We booked to go to the Marcan in october. My daughter has now booked to go to the Telmossos at the same time. We would be grateful if anyone could let us know.

thanks
garry
HI garry
The Telmesos Hotel in Hisaronu Is directly opposite the Marcan
and is owned by the same company and you are free to use the facilities of either . Gule Gule Wee-John :D :D :D to oblige
We didn't want it that close. :lol: :lol:. Ach well too late now,thanks for replying John we'll probably be asking lots more questions before october.

garry
Tuff :oops:
Lang may yer lum reek:cry: Do'nt cramp her style
Wee-John
john we wont allow her to cramp our style,thanks again

garry
thanks for the info 30 days to go
hi i`m off to hisaronu in 5 weeks, and would be very interested to know what people thought about the place. 8)
has anyone been to the sunset hotel in hisaronu, I have just read a bad review and its put me off. Also whats it like in hisaronu?
I found it to be a 'British' resort, but a great central place to explore other places like Olu, Fetiya(Excuse spelling) Koya Kay etc.
Of all the places I've been to in Turkey, Hisaronu is my least favourite. Much too British. Sorry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.