Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i know this sounds mad but we are going to the asena village next week and was wondering if there is a mcdonals in the surrounding area as our friends are muslims and would like a big mac as they can't eat them here....ps usually go to icmeler/marmarise so we are hoping this area is going to be great...thanks Gavin 8)
no the nearest mcdonalds is in mararmis although they do have a mcdowels up the village but i dont think you will get away with it
a word of caution when you leave to return they have a burger king and a kfc at the airport avoid like the plague otherwise take out a second mortgage but you should have a great time and the kids will forget about mcDs :shock:
Dalaman Airport 21 ytl for a big mac meal :shock:
thanks maverick & lynn m...we know all about the rip off merchants at dalaman....oooooh and the dodgey escalators...watched a woman go back up as her husband stepped through the magic eye....i did not laugh....lier lier pants on fire :lol: ...Gavin 8)
Hi guys, wondered if anyone could help with a couple of queries:

1. Where is the best place to book trips now in HIS? Last time we went (about 2 years ago) we went on a jeep safari and loved it, we are going back with friends this time and want to take them again but want to book with someone cheap but decent...

2. What are the big "fake" items in HIS for 2007? Is it still handbags, watches, jeans and t-shirts? What brands are about now? I would really like some G-Star Raw jeans but they are £100+ in the UK. OUCH!!

Thanks in advance!

M
G star jean and t shirts are in had to get some for my son
merhaba qk14054
I can recomend "cara cay " jeep safari in His area ( see one of my previous posts for full details . although their office has now been relocated to Calis, you shoul still be able to find them . They have really modern comfortable vehicles . not like some of the "bone shakers of other companies and they DO NOT go to the carpet factory big Adam is the owner And Nihat at the MERCAN restaurant up at the top roundabout heading for Olu will be pleased to contact him for you .I guarantee that you will enjoy . Other tour company I recomend for other trips (private ones a speciality for 3 or more people ) is TINY ACCROPOLIS ,it is located down at the bottom of main street on the left ,just before the bottom roundabout . The owner is called Yavuz , just tell him Wee Ian from Cennet Hotel sent you . Hope this is helpful. regards wee-john .
Is Hamish McTurk still about in H and is he any good for tours? Sure I did one with him last time.
yes hamish is still about in h and also fethiye i think either his son or nephew is running the shop in the village
yes would always recommend his trips great value for money
if you go to links on my website under general there is a link to his web site hope this helps
john
We are thinking of going to hisaronu with our two boys aged 3 and 9. Is this resort very family orienatated or would we be better going to Olu Deniz. We went to Icmeler earlier in the year, and they loved watching the breakdancers etc. and also the free playstations and pool in the bars. Is Hisaronu similar to this, or would we be better staying in a larger hotel in Olu, where there is family entertainment laid on? Please help!
Although it is old i'm bumping this thread for Turkey first timer.

Les
hisaronu has gone through alot of changes over the past few years the most recent being the demolition of one of the orginal hotels st nicholas gardens, being replaced by the luxury ocean blue hotel, alot of the old tired hotels are being refurbished as hisaronu tries to go up to the next level of tourism,
would still recommend this area as a special holiday spot just above olu deniz and close to the main town of fethiye its like a 3 place holiday resort, with water sports diving and paragliding to name just a few of the activities avalible also with seki now finished sking is avalible in the winter its just a 40 min ride away so spend the morning sking and the afternoon on the beach at olu
:sun2
Maverick, you say about the St Nicholas Gardens, the first hotel we stayed at in Turkey was just up the hill from this, the St Nicholas Park Hotel. Beautiful location, over looking Olu Deniz Bay and the Nature Reserve and across the valley to a mountain.

Les
yes that has been sold as well and refurbished by its new owners les :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.