Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
fish /chips
96 Posts
Yes the chippy's still there but no named burger bars thank God!!!
While we are on the subject of chips........
Last week they were putting new road surfaces on most of the smaller roads, loose chippings everywhere, a real pain for the ladies especially as the stones are difficult to walk on, flat shoes with a decent sole required.
The Montana Pıne Resort ıs a fantastıc hotel - truly beautıful. I stayed there twıce and had a wonderful tıme. On the other hand Hısaronu ıs a DUMP! It consısts of a few streets of purpose-buılt shops/restaurants full of thumpıng musıc (a bıt lıke a funfaır). It ısnt a Turkısh Vıllage at all and really ıt ıs best avoıded. But I always recommend the Montana Pıne Hotel as ıt ıs a dıfferent world altogether.
our party are inhisaronu september we went on the 13th last year we had 1 bad day on the 26th very overcast and rainy, we went home on the 27th the sun was cracking pavement 100 deg; be going on the 5th this year staying st nicholas garden,cant think were pine valley is, is it down the bank to kaya koy.
Dolmus prices last week:

Olu .............Fethiye 2.5
Olu..............Hisaronu 2
Hisaronu.......Fethiye 2
Hisaronu......Kaya Koy 2
going to asena village on 20 june, and have 3 children aged 4,5,8. can any one let me know if any restraunts/pubs have any childrens entertaiment, outside play areas ect. any other information on day trips/places to go which your children have enjoyed also would be greatly appreciated.
just returned from st nicholas gardens in hisaronu they are really nice apartments and close enough to centre of resort just a couple of minutes
walk , hisaronu we thought was a great resort lots of shops bars and great
reataurants ( but not 18-30 territory ) and we cant wait to go back, all
restautrants we visited were child friendly and we found a place called the monkey slide which was abit like a wacky warehouse place for the kids £3
per child for the whole day you could come and go as you pleased! i agree
that it may not be typical turkey but perhaps smaller resorts like calis beach or kas would be better if you wanted that. on speaking to others i
think hisaronu is perfect not too quite not too noisy.have a great time.
i am a big lover of sea food people say don't eat it abroad so havent so i need a good recomendation for hisaronu or olu' what serves giant prawns or a nice seafood salad :fish :?:
Hi Mugsy :)
I have a Turkish friend that has just opened a fish restaurant in Hisaronu. prior to that he had fish restaurants in Istanbul and has been involved in the fish trade for years. He really knows his stuff, I gaurantee that if you have a meal there you will go back for another.
He is trying for the british market by selling battered cod, chips and mushy peas, however you can get anything you want from him and cooked to your individual taste, all his food is freshly cooked and it's a pleasure to eat there.
His name is Hayrettin, he is running the fish and chip shop at the side of Daphnes restaurant, I think it is actually called Daphnes fish and chips. the location of the shop is... walk down through Hisaronu, past the telephones. at the roundabout bear right, to the next roundabout bear left and the restauants are about 150 yards from there on the right.
I know it sounds long and drawn out but it is only a few hundred yards from the top of Hisaronu to the Bottom.
Also accross from the restaurants is a gold shop ( also owned by another friend of mine ) Pyramid. His name is Erkan, mention my name in either place and you'll be sure of excellent service and a good deal. :wink:
:wink: Kev :wink:
Hi All,
I'm going back to Hisaronu in august (first time last year), and recently I've heard some horror stories that Prices have doubled, can anyone who has been in the last few weeks confirm or deny this.
My cost of living is based on the price of a pint of Efes and a two course meal for three. Last year I paid about £1.30 a pint and about £20-£25 for the meal. thanx
mugsy - according to many on this site the white dolphin in olu deniz is the place :!: I can't wait :D
you might find the topic ' resort prices not cheap ' handy to read if you
havent already done so, myself and others have put comments there, i
just got back from hisaronu on the 6th jun
our first holiday in Turkey, was a bit weary about going, but had a fantastic time,
the people were so friendly, the food absolutely delicious, the bars we had a ball of a time, our apartment Mountain Valley was superb, although a liitle bit out of the way. Churchills bar was just brill and the lads were fantastic. We had great food in Moonlight, Lemon Tree and
The Woodman, cant wait to go back.
Hi Becci

The Boat Bar on the right side of highstreet, had some swings, slide and
bits for the kids to play on . But all the bars welcome the kids for the night so i am sure they will have fun
We have just got back and we had a wonderful time, cant wait to go back
Have fun!
Merhaba Hari bo
I am sure that you will really love Hisaronu , we've been going there for 10 years and still love it . I am not familiar with almina hotel so cant advise on it but the resort is grrreat , loads of bars , restaurants and shops . there is a market at the top of the village on a monday where hassle is the name of the game from the vendors but dont pay what the ask as they will be open to firm negotiation. there is a terrific restaurant right at the Roondabout heading toward Olu Deniz called the MERCAN where freshly cooked good food is always available , Just say Ian from scotland sent you and you will be made most welcome and can use their pool for free :D . Many excursions are available from tourist companies in the village at reasonable prices (DONT BOOK WITH YOUR HOLIDAY COMPANY REP as they are about 20% dearer than the local lads ) . if you have the bottle , try the para-gliding from the top of Babadag mountain also the Jeep Safari is brill .
The resort is situated on a montain-side so it's a little cooler than the beach resorts especially in July and august but is only a 10 min dolmus ride to Olu beach (2 lira fare about 80 p )and 20 mins in the other direction to Fethiey a major shopping city with a lovely harbour with many boat trips available .I could write a book about Hisaronu so if you wish any further info just ask
Wee-John :) :)
:D Merhaba THE DOG
You'll find the prices by and large have gone up a little but not too much .
You can still get a large Effes Bira for 2.5 YTL (just about £1 . 20 ) in the Mercan Restaurant as per my previous post And the food is excellent and reasonably priced . also the pool at the hotel attached next door is available for use by restaurant customers . PS ask Nihat to show you the hotel rooms , you'll be amazed at the prices and the location is ideal for DIY ers . Contact me for further info if required Wee-John :D
Glad to hear that you still enjoy hisanoru after 10 years. we first went in 1994 but haven't been back since, we are now going back on Sunday with our 2 young daughters aged 8 and 5. are there any bars/restaurants with childrens play areas etc, could you recommend any particular places to go with the kids.
Any info will be much appreciated.
Merhaba The coopers
Glad that you are going back to hisaronu . After 10 years you will notice a vast difference in th size of the place , it has expanded enormously with dozens of restaurants and bars and villas and appartments everywhere
It is still awonderfull place and we love it . Cant say Ive noticed any bars with play areas but I'm sure that there will be some, I did notice a big enclosed Trampoline Area on the street running paralell to the main street , on left side if facing up the main street ( turn in at Midas Touch Jewellers /Chinese Restaurant ) .Hope this helps ATB Wee-John
hi wee John
We are going to Hisaronu for the first time in october(first time to turkey). Just wondered if the Mercan restaurant is near the Marcan hotel which is where we will be staying, and do you know this hotel.

many thanks
Garry
Going to hisaranuo for the first time in 5 weeks, havebeen to icmeler for the last 3 years and have made many friends, would like to take time out and go back for a visit for 1 or 2 days. Is it possible to travel between the two resorts. :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.