Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thank you all
59 Posts
we visited dalyan last year, like many after a trip to the mud baths and turtle beach.
fell in love with it and returned (on our 2 week holiday to sarigerme) 5 times during day and evenings to get the feel of it.
i cant describe what its like it has a wow factor for me and i would never have thought of going on holiday anywhere that was inland.
we have just booked DIY for an amazing price to a place called holidaycalbis booked flights independantly, and like you have never done this. so feel its like an adventure. http://www.holidaycalbis.com we are staying in a villa attached to hotel so should suit the little ones in our family who like to meet new freinds around the pool.
http://www.dalyan.co.uk/panorama.php
i dont know if this will work but this is a very good picture of the area of dalyan and possibly you can see your hotel in it
mine is quite far out :cry: but im sure the walking will do us good after all the lovely meals you can have there.
also
http://www.dalyan.co.uk is a good site for letting you know trips etc
pink flamingo

We too, are fellow Pegasos palace holidaymakers, who survived to tell the tale!!
We too, went to mud baths and loved Dalyan.
Could you tell us how much money you saved by going DIY, would be really interested for another year.
Make sure you come on here and tell us how your holiday was, look forward to hearing about it!! :D
as like you susein i was interested in beclize beach
but i couldnt tempt my parents
we booked for 2 weeks for 4 adults 2 children to go to holidaycalbis and stay in a four bedroom villa (pictures on their sight) and flights from newcastle day flights for total = £2130
granted that is self catering but then when in dalyan the evenings are about going out for your evening meal
the villa costs £60 a night but has four double bedrooms two bathrooms and can sleep 8 comfortably so for 8 villa is£840 then your flights depending where you ar from they may be a lot cheaper than ours
and i have heard that dalyan still hasnt caught up with the rising prices because its so small.
im so excited now that its finaly booked and as ive lost eposit for dominican that i origionally booked i wont be changing now
Pink-flamingo
:D Loved the web site what a view thank you for that, we have looked at a site that you may find helpful, http://www.ertac-tours.com/indexeng.php
we are so looking forward to the mud baths and food. :)
We booked our flights now, got really nice flying times also we fly from Gatwick, for four of us to go for two weeks at the end of July start of August in a large two bedroom villa with private pool, cost £2,000 we paid that for this year in a apartment block. We are staying at villa Lahana http://www.villalahana.co.uk
Glad to hear about the cost also.
Thank you for the info and web sites, I don't think we will be disapointed with Dalyan.
no you wont nicci
and i think this will be the start of us returning year after year till like everywhere it changes.
i have heard this place has been up till lately a very well kept secret :shock:
im afraid not now
oh im so excited
Pink-flamingo
Oh I do hope it stays a secret for a bit longer, but like you said everywhere changes at some point. It is really nice reading your post's and reading how excited you are, your making us get all excited even more than we are already. :D When do you all travel?
My daughter is looking forward to the trips.
we travel on the 3rd july
we havent stayed at dalyan only visited it a few times this year, both in evenings and daytime.
youll be hard pushed to find anywhere so safe and the beach is a gemstone
we normally go all inclusive but if there was an allinclusive place here there would be no point going, far too much to do and see,
we are taking my parents and our two small girls who are 5 and 4 they loved the boat trips and enjoyed the day at mud baths cept the little one who wouldnt go near it, although here she can be certain to find mud and play in it :roll:
im glad i didnt find the web site of your villa before i booked as i see its fully booked and i wouldve been disapointed not getting it.

i wish it was july now
when do you go nicci?
we've been looking at the holidaycalbis web site it all looks wonderful, there is so much to do. We travel 21 July for two weeks. I never thought I'd say this But hurry up xmas, then it won't be long before the new year. :D
Has anyone been to the Sahin aparts at Dalyan, I am thinking of booking with two teenage girls for August if this one is no good I amm open for recomendations. Jacky
Hi,

I have not been to these apartments myself so I wouldn't know if they are any good or not but I read your post and thought I would point out the fact that as lovely as Dalyan is, there really is not much to do for a couple of teenagers here... Are you sure you want to go to Dalyan??
Hayal
I was interested to read your post, as I really wanted to go to Dalyan this summer, but as Ive got 2 young teens decided against as I thought it would be too quiet for them. Am going to Olu D instead. Will I be able to go to Dalyan for the day though from OD as it looks lovely there?

Sorry to come in on your post Jacky :oops:
OLU Denis to Dalyan is about an hours bus ride and is cheap- Make sure you check when last bus back leaves.
As bryn already said, it is only a short bus ride away so make sure you go to see Dalyan on a day trip when you are in Oludeniz. It is a beautiful little village but sadly not for the teenagers... I hope you enjoy your holiday :)
Thanks for the info quys. Can't wait. :D :D :D
i am going to Dalyan in july with my partner and daughters aged 13 and 17, after reading the above i hope its not going to be a boring holiday, it was my partners idea to go there, we went to Marmaris last year,are there a lot of shops etc, we aren't going as part of a package holiday we've booked it all seperate, so do not know what to expect,
Depends what your teenagers are into really. And 17-year-olds like markedly different things to 13-year-olds.

Dalyan isn't a big resort, but there is a reasonable range of late-night bars. It isn't a shopping mecca, but there are a reasonable number of tourist shops, and Marmaris is very easy to reach for a day out.

If they're into beach holidays then Daklyan is Heaven. It's got one of the best in Turkey.

And if they're sporty, active types it's even better. We spent a good part of our holiday kayaking on the river and lake. You see all sorts of things you'd never notice on a tour boat. There are a great variety of mountain biking, walking, jeep safaris, paragliding trips etc.. to keep 'em busy in the day.
There are quite a few things to do & see around Dalyan. Looking back through my diaries, there's:

. boat trips: to Turtle Beach; to the Thermal Springs at Sultaniye; to the market in Koycegiz; to the sulphur springs / mudbaths
. get a rowing boat over the river & walk to the ruins of Caunos
. dolmus to Marmaris for the day (what a contrast!)
. dolmuses to Fethiye (change at Ortaca)
. organised trips to Olu Deniz, Saklikent Gorge, jeep safari, rafting etc. etc.

And my fave: sitting in a riverside bar, watching the boats go by, sipping a vodka and tonic.

Ahhh.

- Tony -
We went with 2 sixteen year olds, and they loved it there. As someone else said the beach is great, and there are water sports and boat trips available. The night life whilst not being a mecca of clubs etc., was fine just right really for that age group. Unless they are really sophiscated, far in advance of their years they'll have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.