Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello all,
Although i have been scanning this site for a few months this is my first post so be gentle with me :oops:

I'm off to Dalyan next Friday and i'm very exited about it, i've done a lot of reading up about the place and think i know the places to visit etc, but i was wondering if you could gie me a few pointers on where to eat?

I like things like fish etc but my b/f is a fussy eater so won't touch the stuff.

Also has anyone stayed at the Club Alla turca, i can't see any reviews on this site and i'm a bit concerned although on the website it looks really nice i'd prefer an honest opinion from someone who has actually stayed there.

any info on dalyan would be welcome.
has any one any comments on dalyan please.
places to eat
things to do
cost of things there
general thoughts
in fact anything
Dalyan looked very nice when we sailed up the river to the mud baths. There are lots or rock tombs located oposite Dalyan. Turtle beach is nice and big but the sea tends to be a little rough as its on the windward side and is exposed. This stirrs the water up so the snorkelling isn't particularly interesting. From what I've seen, Dalyan is a little bit remote as well. I was talking to some people who were staying in Dalyan when I was diving with EDC last year and they said its a great place but its a long way to travel every day for activities such as diving etc. If you just want to laze on the beach for a week, it looks ideal.

Darren
Hiya Blue,

Dalyan is the perfect choice, it's great yeh it's slightly different you have to go on a 40mins boat trip through the reeds and look at beautiful rock tombs etc but thats part of the 'off to the beach experience'...or you can take the dolmus 30mins to Iztuzu beach nice but i prefer turtle beach!!

Restaurants i recommend....Anatolia, Begonville, Ali's, Kosem, Niobe all great, food and staff-wise all on the main street apart form niobe but you should be able to see it from the main st!!....ohhh you're bound to hear of the Ley ley stork restaurant, the views and setting is amazing but was disappointed by the food so go if you want to see the storks etc but be warned the foods a bit rubbish!!

Things to do, don't book your trips through your tour op...they rip you off go to a local company (Yesil dalyan are very good) and go for 12islands trip, Olu deniz, fetihye &kayakoy, pamaukkale and ephesus (if you do the stop over in ephusus trip it's the cheapest around and staying in a 4* hotel), ohhh my brother did scuba diving this year with eurodive he couldnt praise it enough so if thats your things go for it. I would advise doing the turtle trip es it means a wake up at 5am but well worth it, i celebrated my bday this year on that trip watching the sunset opening my cards etc and watching turtles....a different treat :-)

I can't remember what other advice you wanted but if theres anything else i can help with ask and i'll try my best (getting my practice in for next year when i'll hopefully be working for a tour compnay out there)
...also only 8 weeks till im back there myself for a weeks hols yay!!

Hope this helps a bit :D
Hello everyone

I'm going to Daylan Staying at the Ozlap hotel for 2 weeks, has anyone stayed here, is there anything I should know about it? Also can any one recommend any good restaurants and Bars for me I'm a veggie, but I think from reading the posts Veggies are well catered for.

Also I am travelling alone, I am taking my camera, mp3 player and possibly my laptop for downloading the pictures on, any advice on security for these hotel safe and keep them safe when I walk about, but is there anyway of protecting them on the beach or on excursions?

Thanks in advance

John
take a brewers yeast supplement - the mossies dont like it - also adda drop of esential lavender opil to after sun.... or buy some fresh basil from the market... all to keep mossies away....
I stayed at Ozalp Junior, main hotel bar is more comfortable than the Junior's.
If it is anything like the Junior safes are in lobby and not big enough for a laptop - you would need Kensington cable lock to secure in room.
Probably easier to buy a few extra memory cards.

Dalyan internet cafes are cheap with good high speed access so you may not need laptop. (Windows error messages in Turkish and odd keyboards take some getting used to)

See restaurant reviews on http://www.dalyan.co.uk - there are only a few restaurants that get poor reviews.

Bob
Thanks for the advice Bob :D I'll leave the laptop at home then

John
is there enough to do in dalyan for two weeks or is it more a stop over for the mud baths?
  • Edited by JAC123 2005-10-15 12:03:03
has anyone been to the sahin apartments in dalyan?
Hi JAC,
We went to Dalyan for 2 weeks and we want to go back because there are things we didn't get around to doing-there is so much!Another good website is http://www.dalyan.co.uk.
Linda :D
has anyone stayed or saw when in dalyan the thotel calbis???
my poarents are going here booked direct no reviews anywhere..............
it does look lovely but i wondered if anyone knew where it is in dalyan compared to say the mosque?
thanks
:D Hi,
Me and my family are thinking about going to Dalyan next year and would like to know if anyone has been, and if so how did you find the resort?
Any info would be greatly welcomed. :lol:
Been to Dalyan and loved it - so have other people on this site.

Just do a quick search on "Dalyan" using the button above and you'll find lots of info.
Just got back from a long tour around the Turkish coast. We ended up in Dalyan and though we were only going to stay for a couple of days before driving back to Bodrum we ended up staying for five days and only leaving when we had to rush back to catch our flight.

Really loved Dalyan and even in late October it was still obviously open for business and had a happy buzz about it whilst the resorts in bodrum seemed very much in heading for hibernation mode.

The town itself was great with a good mix of bars, restaurants and shops, some really nice rug and antique shops that I had to be dragged away from and not too many Emlaks!

Beyaz Gul was a lovely restaurant in town, right on the river, serving very nice food and with excellent service. We found the prices for meals in Dalyan about 1/3 cheaper than the Bodrum area.

We also loved the little restaurant on the road to Istuzu beach - wish I could remember the name - it serves the most amazing ciabatta type bread fresh from the oven (they have a wood oven in the courtyard) and ducks and chickens wander around the restaurant stuffing themselves on crumbs. The steaks are amazing too. We spent last Sunday afternoon there before we flew home and it was so relaxing sitting by the river, watching the terrapins surface every couple of minutes for air. I really didn't want to leave.

What amazed me about Dalyan was the vast variety of activies - historical tours, white water rafting, microlight flights, river cruises, as well as all the old favourites like jeep safari, mud baths and turkish bath.

The scenery around the whole area was spectacular and each day we toured a different area - Sarigerme, all around lake Koycegiz (wow! amazing lake with Italian feel to the boulevard and fantastic views), the mountains behind Dalaman (again, wow! like Switzerland but so much sunnier!), Gocek and through the mountains towards Fethiye.

We found the driving pretty easy and no where was further than 3/4 hour away at a leisurely drive enjoying the views.

We stayed at the Dalyan Resort which was a real find - a new hotel, just coming to the end of it's first season, fantastic pool, right on the river with views of the rock tombs, very nicely decorated rooms and truly great staff. We just turned up there and requested a room and the price was excellent - they even offered a free evening meal which was buffet style and very good. I really recomment this place, it's going to be very popular in seasons to come and deserves to be. BTW the also offer massages and beauty treatments and I'm a massage addict and had the best and probably one of the cheapest massages I have ever had!

We'll be going back to Dalyan to explore further - I still haven't found the waterfall north of Koycegiz lake which is supposed to be amazing and there is this great mountain restaurant built over a stream which serves fresh trout and I want to try that too....oh and I want to see turtle beach in the summer, and I want to see the mountain flowers in the springtime....so much still to do!

Karyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.