Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi all
i am going to p.e.k in a couple of weeks for a weeks golf with some friends,we are staying at the kanta hotel.
we are all in our 40s so are not looking for a wild time but we do like going out for a good meal and a few beers, but some of the reports i have read are making me think that this may not have been the best choice for us.
can anyone tell me any good bars/restaurants in the resort
many thanks
There's an excellent restaurant called Le Cous Cous situated around the fountain area. They do lovely cous cous with fish, vegetables, chicken, lamb and other meals.

Also for a nice lunch not too pricey is La Spada around the marina area.
Also there's a restaurant called Le Mediterranee around the marina that does lovely cous cous meals with music in the evenings.

We went on the submarine boat, we paid 20 dinars for 30 minutes by the marina and came back feeling absolutely sick, didn't see that many fish either. Ask to look inside the submarine boat, there were 2 and neither was very spacious inside, they fit approx 6 people seated max, never again for me, they will try to charge you 35 dinar, if you really want to go, insist on paying no more than 20 dinar with a free child place. Don't eat before or immediately after.

We visited the zoo on the marina, it cost 6 dinar for 1 adult and child together. Not much to see, but worth a short visit. They have silk hens, civilised rabbits, emu, ostrich, camel, budgies, other different birds, ducks, different kinds of hens tortoises. We never stayed long but it was nice, my 7 yr old was entertained and we were both glad we went.

If buying souvenirs, best to go to Soula centre in sousse at the mouth of the medina, check out the fixed prices and then go to PEK and haggle for prices below that. Chances are you will get everything cheaper in the medina, PEK is expensive for souvenirs.

Love the fountain with the seating area, the music, nice to sit there and be chilled out in the evening.
Hi, if your going on a weeks golfing holiday then P.E.K has some excellent golf courses. There are also some nice restaurants in and around the marina, as roundasapound has mentioned above. If you like beer then your best bet would be to try the Golf Brau house, where they actually brew the beer on the premises, it,s just across the road from the marina and gets quite busy in the evenings. We spent most of our evenings there, sat outside watching the world go by :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.