Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Discussion on Side
120 Posts
Hi!

Re the third bed in the Hemera it is a sofa bed at least it was in ours in July. We did not notice any noise from adjacent hotels, did not hear any genarator noise at all! However the complex is quite big and I guess we could have missed it but I do not believe so.

Alistair
Hi Alistair

was it the little couch near the patio doors that out to the balcony. It looks quite small for somebody to sleep on.

Just checked the thomson price and it was £4126 compared to £2874
Hi!

That's the one, pretty small and we are not sure if it does fold down or not. Are you looking at an apartment or one of the hotel rooms? From what I gather the apartments are also very nice but the ones near the restaurant could be a wee bit noisy during the entertainment! You also could E mail the hotel directly and ask about the bed?

hemera@baruthotel.com
and see what the situation is, good luck!

Alistair
I have emailed the hotel see what they say.

I am after the hotel room, the supplements on the apartment is high, adds quite a lot to the price. A hotel room is big enough for us.

Thanks Alistair
I bit the bullet and booked the hemera 4 adults and 1 child I got travelcare down nearly £400 on the screen price which is less than the thomas cook on line price. I got a free child place and went for day flights, couldn't bring myself to do a night flight even if did cost me an extra £400 compared to a night flight.

Thomas cook has loads of free child places left for the club hemera all through the summer. I wish I booked with portland a couple weeks ago with portland, a day flight and £400 cheaper. Portland now want £800 more than I booked the holiday with thomas cook.

How long is the transfer, and what is there to do in side area, trips ect.

What type of food is there at breakfast.
Hi!

The transfer took approx 1 hour, the food at breakfast was varied! Anything from the usual boiled and fried eggs to omelettes and a whole variety of cereals and salads!most enjoyably of all were the sweet pancakes! Also fruit and honey etc!Many people did trips to ancient sites and attractions, many others like us did very little and just enjoyed the facilities in the hotel!
Alistair
Just been back a week from the Hemera.

Breakfast = cold meats, olives cheeses, 10 kinds of bread, fried eggs, pancakes, cereals, muesli, yogurt, fruit, cakes, pastries, juices, teas..... everything you could want!!! They even had cocoa pops for kids!

Loved it so much I am going back on 21 October!!!!!!
Perfume

Good to hear you had a fab time and it must be good if you are going back in 3 weeks. Any bacon, sauages or frankfurters at breakfast.

I have to wait until next august to go to the hemera, but I might do a late booking in late june early july, plenty of bargains at that time for majorca.

What excursions are there, they must be cheaper booked in town instead of the rep. Is there any short boat trips, I would feel trapped being stuck a boat for 7 hours or so. A couple of hours is enough for me, beside being stuck with 90f to 100f heat on a boat for hours is too much.

God we have to get through the long dark cold winter yet, so so depressing, next august seems years away at the moment. I need a couple of weeks in the caribbean in jan or feb, better start filling in the lottery slip.
We stayed in another hotel in Side. Still have my Thomson excursion leaflet from this June. They offer:

North Cyprus for the day £58
Antalya checkout £45
Jeep safari £31
Fire of Anatolia show £25
Side by night £23
Market & waterfall £22
Antalya sights and shopping £10
Alanya Dim £20
Cappadocia 2 days £74
Aspendos & Perge £24
Sun Day to Kemer £23
Green Lake £27
Turkish Bath £15
Rafting £32
Waterpark £20
Dolphinshow £18
Waterpark & dolphinshow £31
Dolphin show and swim with dolphins £75
Scuba diving beginners £49
Non diver £15

Nearly all of these could be booked with local tour companies for a lot less. Taxis also offer all-in day out prices. Hope this helps!

Don't know about short boat trips. There are boats in the harbour doing trips but didn't investigate. The coastline isn't scenic like it is further west. They do go down the Manavgat river.
Perfume,Have you booked the Hemera since you returned?I have been checking availability for October for a while and although I could get the hotel for £299 for 2 booked on Thomson hotels website I have found no flights from Newcastle.I am now considering November from Gatwick or Manchester.Jay
Ann

Its the same here in london, no flights left for october to antalya. I would think its because you get the same weather as cyprus but for a whole lot less money.

Did you sort out your TV.

mehmeh

Thanks very much for that, its a great help. I have heard if you buy the excursions in town its upto 50% less.
It certainly is a lot less in town. We paid £40 each for a 3 day trip to Cappadocia, compared to Thomson's £74 for 2 days........ Both half-board. It really was a bargain. It included all the admissions too. We also booked quad-biking in town which Thomson didn't offer.
I'm on the last flight from Newcastle - 21 October Tjomas Cook - night flights - its not listed on the Newcastle airport site - as for trips, well I don't do any....... spent years travelling arounf Turkey, nothing new for me to see, and i don't wear fashion tshirts or use replica bags!

We are paying a bit more as its half term week, but i couldn't be bothered to wait until November and have to travel from Mnachester or elsewhere...

As for sausages and bacon - there were some veal frankfurters, but as its a Muslim country, they do not do pork products - maybe you didn't know that.... anyway its much too hot to eat a cooked breakfast! They have hot potato dishes, waffles, donuts..... too much to list.... and even more at lunch and dinner... you could eat all day if you wanted to!!!

it was 32 degrees 2 weeks ago - can't imagine how hot it will be in August......
perfume

It will make a change from endless pork dishes in spain, pork chops and more pork chops.

On the bacon, I know resturants in places marmaris do a full english with sausage and bacon. I thought they might of had beef or turkey sausages.

I have never been to turkey before and thought I will try it and see what it is like. If we like somewhere we will return to the same place for a few times before looking at another change. Majorca keeps on popping and often end up there, my daughters haven't wanted to go anywhere else. My eldest daughter is moaning she doesn't to go to turkey she wants to go to majorca. Booked it and its too late now.

I hope they do a lot of veal, will give that a miss.
The food is of a fantastic quality - loads of choice every night, beef, turkey chicken, they run turksish nights, fish nights etc..... all proper quality, no gristly bits.

The ionly way you woiuld know you were in Turkey is when you leave the hotel! It truly is international superiior standard.
Thanks for that perfume.

What is the pool temps like at the hemera in august, is the water warm or freezing. In majorca this year the pool was like a ice bath and you could only stay in for a short while before the legs felt numb.
Hi!

The main pool is directly in the sunshine and in august it will be hot! hot! hot! So the pool will be lovely!As for the food? lots of the above mentioned by perfume, also lots of kebabs! Lamb and chicken meatballs! I know not everyone is a fan but there was liver also! sliced thin and delicious! Oh lord I wish I wish I was back! Oh and the beer is EFES!LOL!

Alistair
Thanks Alistair

That means we will be in the pool for ages. Me and mrs like liver, it makes a change from the usual meats. The kebabs sound great after an evening on efes followed by a few shorts.

I am sure I will be able to drink my fair bit of efes. If I like the hotel might want to go the next year but to get the best prices booking early is needed and by the time of next september the prices would of gone up :evil:

These review sites are a gem, before the days of the internet it was pot luck where anytbody stayed if it was good or bad.
I am still trying to find out if the couch bed opens out at the hemera. Somebody post his son used the couch bed and now I can't find the post to PM him.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.