Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Discussion on Side
120 Posts
Hi guys,

Just wondering for any advice on where to go for entertainment, lively bars and good eating in Side?
I liked the Brothers Dance Bar in Side - that was good fun. The Bill Cosby Bar in KumKoy is worth a look too. The food was very good and KumKoy is only a dolmus ride away.

Loads of good food to be had all over the place.
I'm staying at the Hemera - travelling on 18 September.

Never been to this region before, hope it is still warm.

Can anyone recomend any good bars nearby that are not too rowdy or full of teens?
Is it wise to take some euros for shops (large items) or shall we just stick to Lira.

Brochure mentions oil wrestling..... is it still on in Ramadan?
ok thanks for that. roll on 23rd!!!! :D
Perfume,There are some nice bars just over the road from the Hemera but the entertainment is so good,for the first time ever when on holiday, we spent the whole 2 weeks in the hotel on an evening.Jay.
The Brothers Dance Bar is opposite the Hemera, I believe.
Thanks for the info.... we will definitely be going out after dinner and a few liquid refreshments - so something lively and reachable on foot sounds ideal..... don't mind supporting local trade...

How much from there in a taxi to Side town?
and is it worth it at night.... not planning on going very far as only a week and not interested in ruins etc....
Perfume, you don't know what you are missing if you don't go to see the ruins. They are breathtaking. Denny
Having spent loads of time in Istanbul, Italy, Greece and Egypt and Carthage... i'll go beserk if I see another historical site. I'm all cultured out!
Fair comment.! Have a fab holiday. Denny
How long does it take to walk from the hemera to side.
About 30 minutes along the beach although it can take longer if you are stopped by the drink sellers.Going by road is about the same but if you turn right after the police station and go through the maze of small streets it is a little quicker.
Hi Jay trip

What is around the hotel for bars and shops.
Just over the road is a parade of shops and bars.The shops are more expensive than in Side.We didnt use the bars as the hotels entertainment was so good we stayed in on an evening.We went out every day to Side and wanderered around the old town and the ruins..The Market at Manavagat is on twice a week and has good bargains as has the shops here.You can get a bus outside the hotel on market days that goes straight to Manavagat.I cant remember exactly which days it is on.As you walk along the road to Side if you turn right at the police station you come to some small streets with shops and I found these to be the best prices.I would recommend the Soundwaves restaurant in Side old town,It is right on the waters edge and we ate here every night on a previous visit to Side.
thanks jay trip thats really helpful.
Couple of more questions. What is the beach like going into the sea, is sandy in the sea or are there any rocks.

The standard room, I see there is a double bed but is the third bed a actual bed or is it a couch. If its a couch does it open up to a larger bed.

I am on the verge of booking this hotel tomorrow, daughter said she didn't want to sleep on the little couch in the hotel picture.
There are a few (very few) rocks but since the water is clear you should have no trouble spotting them. The worst hazard on the beach is the topless wrinklies wearing thongs - best not to spot one of those just before lunch.
can't think........ I have booked this hotel and I am treating my mum to a holiday..... not sure if we will end up with 1 large bed and a small.... I am going to sort it out at reception when we arrive!

If you book, check Portland - much cheaper than Thomson, even with discount codes - same flight. Thomas cook was £400 more in total for the same dates, different flight times.
There is no hurry to book the hermera until I find out about the third bed. sounds like the beach is ok. Anybody out there know about the third bed, I need to know.

I read a review That stated the hotel next doors generator is close to the hemera pool and is very loud and ear plug wouldn't keep the noise out. Anybody experience the generater this generator

Perfume, portlad has up its prices for the hemera by 40%. I looked a couple weeks ago and my party came out at just over £2800, now the price is £4100. I don't know if they will drop the prices again. I wasn't happy with the price increase and had look elsewhere. Thomas cook comes out at £2874+ booked through co-op £70 of dividends for members. The only down side is the flight times, Thomas cook don't dovery good flight to that part of turkey. I am kicking myself for not to snap up the portland price.

If you booked a while what price did you get. I only saw recently they do kids to 14 and wondered if I had more on the ball when portland came on sell if I could of got a free child place. My daughter is 15 next year so this will be the last chance to get her cheap. But I want the hotel to suit everybody before I book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.