General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Of course we do Fiona, but if we didn't the companies wouldn't be able to make nearly as much profit. :lol:
I am also trying out supermarkets own laundry gel . I do tend to stock up on brand name ones when they are at half price but thought I would try the supermarket ones- it could save a small fortune- if it works.
I would be wary about supermarkets own washing powder as my daughter used it for some time and was told that it was that which had caused her washing machine to break down.
I don't use powder- I use the gel. But what was the reason for that Aslemma?
The engineer who came out to repair it said it had blocked the machine and was apparently a fairly common problem.
If you are using all-in-one dishwasher tablets you shouldn't use rinse aid. We had an engineer out to our dishwasher at one time and the first question he asked was what we used to wash the dishes. Apparently if you use all-in-ones along with a separate rinse aid it can wreck your machine.
goodness- I never knew that. It's certainly not what Finish says-" even on top of your multi benefit tablets."
we got Morrison's own brand (very cheap) and they work just as good as the Finish ones previously used. :sun2
Good to know which ones work. I have tried tesco dishwasher tabs and they were ok for a quick wash but I would say not great for things like pans.
I recently bought 360 Finish classic powerball tablets for £51 including postage on Amazon. Worked out at 14p per tablet. Currently out of stock.
Home Bargains regularly has the big pack of Fairy gel capsules (I think it has 96 in it) for £7.99.
An offer on Living Social for 4-in-1 tablets, 240 tablets £19 or 480 tablets £29 plus £5.99 p&p and Tesco Clubcard points.
http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1222272-240-dishwasher-tablets

Edit - just had an email that there is an additional 15% off if purchased TODAY using promo code BANK15UK
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.