France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
have fun jeccabean :)
they DO check your bags ,but arent looking for food / drinks!

its just sercurity

we have never been stopped taking food in

x
thats good to know, cos 5 yrs when we were there, they wouldnt let us take our food in , we had to leave the bag with them, which i did think was ott, mind you if it did happen again its only free from breakfast anyway lol :rofl

my daughter is so excited shes counting the days off the calender , we are taking her friend so fingers crossed no problems, ive never taken another child out of the uk before, hopefully she wont get home sick :think
aww ! how old is she / they ?

have you got a parental consent letter thingy? not 100% sure,but read on another forum that you need one

if taking someone elses child ( non family) away ??

x
I took my niece with us to Disneyland Paris a couple of winters ago, and took a letter with me, giving permission from her parents to travel with me. I didnt' need it, but as her surname is not the same as mine, I thought it best to be on the safe side.

And you can take drinks and snacks into the park with you no problem at all - they do check your bags at security, but they're not bothered about food and drinks in there.

Elaine
hi

they are both just turned 9, both are so excited, ive told her mother i need a written consent letter and another to give me permission for medical assistance should god forbid any accident or illness happen. my 18 yr old son and his girlffriend are coming too so at least there will be 4 adults.

ive just priced up the hotel as i saw an advert saying up to 40% discount etc. and its gone from 370 to 518 so much for discount, im so glad i booked it a while back as flights have gone up about £40 each too, no way would i have paid this much, i think advertising discount then charging more is a rip off :que
can anyone tell me, can you either use sterling anywhere in disneyland or can you change your currency easily over there, or is it a better rate to change over here, ive no idea how much money to take for 4 days grrr , thanks

karen
I would change money here - you can shop around for best rates and no commission. However, I would take enough for drinks and snacks etc but put everything elso on my credit card - if you have one of course. That way you aren't carrying too much cash.

Gill
Hiya,

I usually change my money into euros before I go, and use my credit card for souvenirs.
If you're staying at an onsite hotel (I think you are aren't you?) you can fill in a little card when you check in, giving your credit card details. Then you can use this little card in every shop in the resort to charge your room. Using this method has the advantage that you will not be charged your credit card transaction fee each time you use it (only once) and you can have your purchases sent straight from the shop to your hotel, for you to pick up there later.

Elaine
thanks for the advise, yes we are staying onsite that sounds a good idea having it sent to your room, im not intending buying a lot thats for sure with the euro so high and prices high too,lol this is just a treat for my daughter thats been having problems at school, so a little break

do they have safes in the rooms and are they free.

i think im going to try and get some extra breakfast bits to take with us as suggested by a few people. 10 days to go, ellie getting very excited
ive just applied today for a nationwide flexi card as ive been told these are very hand abroad, will this be useful at disneyland.

does anyone know if the park tickets i will get included with my hotel for 4 days include fast track, as ive seen some on ebay and wonder whether they are worth buying or not, so a quick reply before these sell would be appreciated thanks

karen
Disney offer a free service on popular rides called Fast Pass. You need to put your park ticket in the machine at the attraction and then return at your allocated time. You can't buy this on ebay as it's free.
groovee , what i dont understand is are these sellers on ebay selling something i dont need then and is free,im a bit confused now, but surely if everyone that has a ticket puts in their card at fast pass rides then the queues would be huge :think, sorry for sounding thick, but these fast pass tickets seem to sell quite well and sellers have good feedback selling them :que
They only allocate so many tickets for fastpass and then everyone gets allocated times which breaks up eveyone arriving at once. No idea what they are selling on ebay.
thanks for your reply i dont think ill waste £10 on them then lol
You won't need extra fastpass tickets if you're going outside school holidays :) . The fastpasses sold on ebay are extra ones, with no expiry. They are useful only if you're intending going to DLRP at busy times. Its also worth noting that there aren't that many rides in DLRP which have fastpass machines anyway.

If you use Extra Magic Hours for doing rides in Fantasyland and Discoveryland, you may only need fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain in the main park, and Tower of Terror in the Studios.

There are no safes in the rooms at the Cheyenne, but there are safes at reception, which you can use free (just don't lose your safe key, as they will charge you to replace it).

I hope you all have a fabulous time :D !
we are staying at the sequoia lodge, thanks for your advice its out of uk school hols so hopefully will be fine,im not 1 for rides anyway, its more for the kids lol, just hoping the weather holds :que
Hi,

Wondering if you can help.

I'm travelling to DLP on the 1st of June.

I want to book up the Wild Bill Show.

Can anyone advise on the following:-

1. Are there different timed shows on? i.e. day and night. And if so are they different in any way?

2. Is it easy enough to book over there or is it best to book before travelling?

3. I notice on some pics of inside the arena, that everyone seems to have a hat. Is this complimentary and you get to keep?

Thanks

FD
Hi,

There are usually 2 showings of the Buffalo Bill show each evening - one starts at 6.30pm, one starts at 9.30pm. They are the same show. Buffalo Bills is sometimes closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and if you're going to DLRP in low season, it may not be open either of those days.

You can book before you go (and pay before you go) or you can book while you are there. One thing to consider though - if the euro rate doesn't improve against the pound by the time you go to DLRP, you'll be cheaper paying in advance, as you'll be paying in pounds. If you pay while you are there, you'll pay in euros.

Your complimentary cowboy hat is included in the price you pay, and you get to keep it :D .

Elaine
Many thanks Elaine.

That's good to know about the hat. I've heard they are colour coded for your team you shout for? Is this true and does it take the look away from the hat if it is?

I'm unsure what low season would be, I would presume we're mid to high going on 1st June, but can't be sure.

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.