France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Thanks Elaine.

I can pre-book the dates, they are certainly showing as two shows anyway.

However I have a query with the price, so need to speak with DLP.

Thanks for all your help.

FD
does anyone know if the disney hotesl will print things for you, im really cross that my flight co seems to let you print the boarding passes the day before and if you dont theres a £10 pp charge, we are flying to disney tomorrow and ive managed to print off outgoing passes not return so wondering if the hotel will do this for me as i dont want a £60 charge for 6 of us grrrr :duh
I'm sure the hotel will let you do that - have you phoned your flight company to clarify the position with online check-in on your return journey? This must be a common problem I would have thought, for the return leg of the journey. Not many folk would have access to a computer and printer away from their home :que .

Thanks for bringing this up - I chose online check-in with my flight company too - but I've just checked, and its only online on the outward leg, they don't have the online facility for the return journey. So I'll just be on the normal check-in process at CDG.
what co are you flying with, im wondering if this applies to us too and i just havent found any info out, ive tried to ring them but was put on hold for ages and then gave up. :duh
I'm flying with BMIbaby, their online check-in page tells me the info I needed.

Elaine
thats brilliant wish i could find this info from flybe grrr, maybe its me being blind lol
Questions !

Hello, my family and I are going to DLP September 27th this year and I would really appreciate some advice !

We are thinking about half board, is it recommended ? I have heard good/bad reviews but we were thinking of the platinum plus (£336 for the 4 of us for 4 days).

We would also like to go to Wild West Show and Charachter Dinner or lunch and from reading it seems you can use your half board vouchers and pay a bit extra ? Is this true and does anyone know how much extra ? (We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 5 and 9).

In September it seems the park is open until 8pm, but does it open early for the magic hours ? I am guessing not due to the season but if anyone knows that would be great.

We arrive about 6pm in France, so we will get to our accommodation via the bus, not sure how long it takes but does anyone know what time we can eat until ?

I have also read about the breakfast, some say good, some say bad (we are at Cheyenne), can you pay extra for hot breakfast - I have read some do sausage, egg etc in addition to the cereal, bread, fruit ?

Thanks so Much I so appreciate your time, I am a Disney Virgin so I am trying to plan !
Hi,

With the exchange rate so bad at the moment, half board vouchers definitely save you money. I've used them with no problems at all at Disney. You can use half board premium vouchers for the Wild West show as full payment, you don't have to pay any extra.

There are a few options for character lunch, again half board premium will cover these options in full.

No-one knows for sure yet if Extra Magic hours will be on in September, but if you keep checking either the official Disney site, or DLRPMagic, they will post the opening hours, including extra magic hours, usually about 3 months before you go.

The VEA bus from CDG takes about an hour to get to your hotel. You can eat at the Cheyenne, or any other resort hotel (you don't have to be a guest there) or in the Village, until around 10pm.

At the Cheyenne, as far as I'm aware, you can pay for a hot option at breakfast, but it won't be the full English you're used to (the bacon, sausages etc are different). I've always found that, the earlier you go for breakfast at the onsite hotels (ie before 8am), the more pleasant an experience it is. We fill up on fresh croissants, cheese, ham, cereals, etc at breakfast in the onsite hotels.

Enjoy planning your Disney trip :D

Elaine
As posted on a seperate thread but advised to post it here

I am going to Disneyland Paris later this year with my wife and our 2 year old and was looking for some hints and tips.

1/ I will be needing full cream milk for my son, where in or around Disney can this be purchased?

2/ I see the prices in Disney are very expensive and was wondering again where i can also purchase Cold drinks,bottled water and other snack stuff at reasonable prices?

3/ What is the best way/cheapest to get from CDG to Disney?

4/ Is it better just to take all spending money over in Euro's rather than changing it at Disney

5/ Can i buy Cigarettes at the airport coming home and roughly how much? (when i went to Copenhagen they only had a small amount for EU cuntries to purchase)

Thanks in advance
Nezi
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in the Disney Hotel- Cheyenne? If so is it nice?

And does anyone know what the weather will be like in Paris at the begining of May?

Thanks

Emma :tup Xx
Hi,

I've stayed at the Cheyenne, its a really well-themed hotel - you'd swear you were in a Wild West town :) . The rooms are fine, usually one double bed and one set of bunks in each room, with en suite bathroom. If you're going down for breakfast in the restaurant in the mornings, go as early as you can to avoid queues (I'd suggest before 7.30am).

For weather for Disneyland Paris, I use accuweather.com - you can get a 15-day forecast on there, and I've always found it to be pretty accurate.

Enjoy your trip,

Elaine
Thank you so much Elaine, i've read some bad reviews about the hotel, so im really happy to read from yours the it was ok :D

So excited now, 25 days to go :tup

Thanks again

Emma :wave: Xx
Thanks Elaine that is so helpful !

It worked out £392 for the 4 nights meals on the premium, so we guessed we would spend £100 a night anyways for a family of 4.

We booked Wild West, Dinner at Cafe Mickey with charachters and the princess charachter dinner, so we just have one other night to go where we wish.

I thought there would be supplements but the vouchers cover all 3 so that is good news.

Really appreciate your help, I am sure I will be back with more questions !
Woooo, collected my tickets yesterday, so excited now. Going in 18 days :tup

Hope everyone has a great hol if they are going b4 me :D

Emma :wave: Xx
I am going to Disneyland Paris later this year with my wife and our 2 year old and was looking for some hints and tips.

1/ I will be needing full cream milk for my son, where in or around Disney can this be purchased? The garage/petrol station

2/ I see the prices in Disney are very expensive and was wondering again where i can also purchase Cold drinks,bottled water and other snack stuff at reasonable prices? again the garage/petrol station, there's also a McDonalds in the village.

3/ What is the best way/cheapest to get from CDG to Disney? sorry I don't know maybe train?

4/ Is it better just to take all spending money over in Euro's rather than changing it at Disney. I take some euros but use my nationwide credit card which doesn't charge for use abroad

5/ Can i buy Cigarettes at the airport coming home and roughly how much? (when i went to Copenhagen they only had a small amount for EU cuntries to purchase)
Don't know sorry
Whoooooo, 5 days till we're off the Disneyland, so excited :tup
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to go to Disneyland Paris in December 2010, is there any way of booking way in advance? It cannot be done online but is there any other way? I've assumed so far that I can't so I'm waiting for the December 2009 period to be able to be booked online but so far it can't, it only goes up to November 8th. Do you know when I will be able to get the prices for this December? Seeing the prices for this year should give me a rough idea so it would be handy when the prices are out.

Thanks,
Stevj016.
I can only suggest that you write to the management of the park for an estimated entry fee and to ask them to tell you when the appropriate booking period opens, and to the hotel you wish to stay in to ask for an advance reservation. They may well confirm your reservation BUT you may not have the actual prices for some months to come.

Please note that if you confirm your booking, and later decide to cancel - because who knows what will happen in the next month let alone the next year - you will have entered into a contract and may be liable for payment even though you do not wish to proceed with your booking.
December 09 prices should be up on the official Disney site at around the end of this month/beginning of June. So for December 2010, you'd be looking at May/June 2010 to get actual prices and be able to book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.