France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
am going to book a night in one of the disney hotels, was wondering if i will need the card i paid with to confirm the reservation when i get there, or if i just need a printout of information
We stayed in the Disney Hotel Cheyenne, and we didnt need the card we booked it with on arrival, we just took all the documents we recieved on booking...

Hope you have a great time, we certainely did :tup

Emma :wave: Xx
Hi there, just 50 days to go !

But, have noticed on website that dinner with princessess is only on when park open til 10pm, the park closes at 8pm the day of arrival and 6pm the other nights, so very dissapointed and presume that we will have to have lunch ?

Have paid for platinum package (going to Billy Bob's one night) but if we can't have dinner with princesses, nor Mickey dinner, what should we do ?

Change to billy bobs and breakfast with Mickey and then just use our vouchers in restaurants the other 3 nights?

Any help appreciated !
Hi,

You will only be able to do Lunch with the Princesses if the park closes at 8pm when you are there. However, that one and a half hours you spend at lunch with them will probably give you more character interaction than you would get in the parks in the same period (the princesses are pretty hard to meet without queueing for ages anywhere in the parks, except for the Cars n Stars Parade in the Studios, where you can, if you are lucky, meet Mulan, Ariel, Jasmine, Aladdin and Snow White).

You can use your premium vouchers at the Buffalo Bills wild west show (is that what you meant by Billy Bobs? Because Billy Bobs is a different restaurant, and is not the show). You can also use them at the Inventions restauarant in the Disneyland Hotel (you don't have to a hotel guest to dine at any of the onsite hotels). This is a character meal, and is a full buffet, this gets great reviews.

You can also use your premium vouchers at face value in Cafe Mickey, for either lunch or dinner. Cafe Mickey is not in the parks, its in the Village, which is open late into the evening every night. Order what you want from the a la carte menu, and then pay with your vouchers at the end of the meal. This is also a character dining experience, except for in the afternoons, when the characters are not there.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
Hi Elaine, thank you for being so helpful !

So, could we book for inventions and use our vouchers, any idea how much extra ????

Also I meant Buffalo Bills sorry !!!!!!!!!!!! Any other good places to use the vouchers ?????????

V x
With premium vouchers, you won't have any extra to pay at Inventions.

The full list of restaurants you can use your premium vouchers for the full cost of the meal are -

Inventions and California Grill at Disneyland Hotel, Yacht Club at the Newport Bay club hotel, the Princess meal at Auberge de Cendrillon, Cafe Mickey, and Buffalo Bills Wild West show. Of these, Inventions, Cafe Mickey, and Auberge de Cendrillon are all character meals.

If you have premium vouchers, these restaurants represent the best value for money using your vouchers.

Elaine
Hi all,

Just wondering how to book the cheapest packages for Disneyland Paris?

I have found flights from Newcastle to CDG return for £110 for 2 people.

Now I want to book a package of Disney Hotel, Hopper Tickets & Breakfast - 3 nights 4 days.

I will also need to book transfers from the airport to the park and back - how do I do this?

Any Ideas?

Last time I went we paid £980 for all of the above from a Travel Agents, but that is abit too pricey this year!

Also is March the 'quietiest' time to go?

Thanks for any help.
You can pay as you get on the bus for the transfers or you can take the train which you would pay once there.

A few of the mums at school have been booking direct with disney for good deals.
Hi,

March is indeed a quiet time to go, so long as you avoid weekends (Disneyland Paris is always much busier at weekends than midweek).
I'd wait to book your hotel/tickets package to be honest, as Disney has been bringing out price reduction offers all through this year. They currently have an offer on at 30% off, but this only applies to visit dates up to October 2009 at the moment. Keep checking the official Disneyland Resort Paris website for offers, then when you see a price you like, book it ;) .

There are several ways of transferring from CDG to Disneyland, it all depends on how many are in your party, what time your flight lands etc, which would be the most convenient for you.

Elaine
Hi all,

I went to DLP with the family for the first time this summer. There was a special offer on and it was cheaper for us to buy annual passes.

I want to get some value out of these and go again in November (I know it'll be cold!).

But, I can't find anywhere online that I can check and compare hotel costs. I really would like to stay onsite.

All the websites quote for packages including tickets.

Any ideas? Or should I call them. It would be easier to do it all online though.
Travelrepublic do Disney partner hotels which provide free shuttle buses to the parks and offer some good prices without having to buy tickets too.

i have just booked a good deal through Ledger for 3 nights half board at the Explorers for the 6 of us. This includes tickets for 2 days, can anyone tell us what the cheapest option to buy an extra day's ticket please, is it worth waiting till we get there and buy one in the park like Alton Towers?

Many Thanks.
Thanks but I specifically want to stay on-site within walking distance if possible.
3ps you need to call Disney to get a room only price with your AP discount. Just call the normal booking number, 08448 008111, and give them your preferred dates, which kind of AP you have, and your preferred hotel(s). They will happily give you a price.

I usually check out the package price also, as I've often found, especially in the past year, that room only with an AP can work out more expensive than buying a package (and you don't get any of the special offers, like the current free meals deal, with room only).

Enjoy your November trip - Christmas season at Disneyland Paris is soooooooooo pretty, definitely one of my favourite times to visit :D

Elaine
Disney are doing a good deal just now - free meal vouchers, 2 per day, for bookings up to 1st April plus you can use them with the kids go free offers. Could end up saving a lot of money for a family.
Thanks all. I'll give them a call and see what's best.
21 days to go !

Ok, well thanks to the helpful hints on this site I have booked The Wild West Show and Dinner at Inventions (is this with charachters) ???

I am also thinking about booking The Blue Lagoon and I need one more recommended restaurant (there 4 nights).

Can anyone suggest, our girls are 5 and 9.

We don't have a transfer but I think we are going to look for the shuttle bus and it looks like it will cost £60 each way for the 4 of us, does this sound right ?

Do you show your vouchers (we have premium plus) as you go into resturant ? Do you have to pick off a specific menu ?

Does anyone know if they sell any Club Penguin merchandise ???

Sorry for all the questions, 1st trip and not sure how things are !!!!!!!!!!!!! :think
Hi again,

Ooooh not long to go now! Inventions is indeed a character meal - its a full dinner buffet as well.
Along with what you've already booked, I don't think you can go wrong taking children to Cafe Mickey for dinner - this is also a character meal, and you can use your premium vouchers at face value there, so pick what you like from the a la carte menu.
Yes, for the meals where you are using your premium vouchers to cover the whole thing (ie Wild Bills, Inventions, Blue Lagoon) you show your vouchers to your waiter as you are seated. In the Blue Lagoon you will get a set menu to choose from, or, like Cafe Mickey, you can choose to use your vouchers at face value there, and choose from the a la carte menu.

I'm a member of another board, where ezyshuttle has been getting a lot of very good recent recommendations. As you'd be paying around the same price for a private transfer as the VEA coach for the 4 of you, I'd really recommend you get a private transfer, its far more convenient, and you'll arrive at your Disney hotel much much faster. You can pay cash to the driver of your private transfer, just as you would pay the driver as you get on the VEA coach.

There is no Club Penguin merchandise at DLRP I'm afraid.

Hope this helps,

Elaine
Thanks Elaine you are so helpful !

Can I ask at Blue Lagoon, say our vouchers are worth £36 per adult (we actually paid this but was supposed to be 15% discount, does this mean they are worth more?) Can we get a higher priced menu and pay the difference ?

I think we will book Cafe Mickey and Also Walt's ???

Can you tell me the link to ezyshuttle ? might be a better idea !

Oh my daughter will be sad with no club pengiun !

Off to Disney shop at weekend to buy outfits, have been told a lot cheaper here.

When we arrive it will be about 6pm, so won't be ready for dinnr til about 8.30. it seems the park closes at 7pm....so that means we have to eat in disney village as park is shut ? Is that right ?

Sorry for all the questions, we haven't a clue !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.